Your opinions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ibrokeyourchina

02-10-2012

I've been playing Akali like 50 times, I love her to death and I think she's the best champion that I've ever played. Just because I like to feel like a ninja.

Anyway, what I want to ask is what your opinions are on Akali and what you think she's better at. 3vs3 or 5vs5? I think she's great at 3vs3 because it's easier for me, to zone out a carry and take them out, but I'm heavily depended on my team, usually when it's 20 minutes in, I already have about 12 kills, 1 or 2 deaths. With 5vs5, to me, its a bit difficult because there's a lot of different champions you're going against and if you don't have a good team, you're screwed and there's not much of a window to turn around the game. (Which ALWAYS seems to be the case for me. People always want to try out new champions on 5vs5 rather than try them out on bots.)

As for building, my friends always say its more entertaining to see what i come up with then to see how much kills I have, for example,
*******http://i41.tinypic.com/20k6nua.jpg********

If there's one thing that i haven't quite grasped in this game to build an effective build. Any tips for that by the way?

Saiyushu

02-10-2012

In normal games, I'd she's better in 3s. But once you get to ranked 3s, a lot of teams stack bruisers (akali counters), so at that point she's generally better on 5s. For draft pick, it's all about knowing champion matchups and when you can pick her.

Standard build I'd go for without times would be boots+3 pots to start. Doran's blade, hextech revolver, gun blade, boots 2 (mercs, sorcs, or tabi), sheen, deathcap, lichbane, rylais.

Once you get better though, you'll realize you should never have a set build. Instead, build according to the situation. For example, abyssal if they're ap heavy

Saiyushu

02-10-2012

I meant runes not times, stupid autocorrect on phone

Tactileneck

02-10-2012

You've also got to consider that in ranked games teams will get the Lees and the Morganas and Brands that counter Akali and her shroud, and if they don't they will surly get Oracles, whereas your standard normal game player can't be bothered to counter build, nor will they be able to counter champion pick like they will in the 3v3 draft screen.