More Twitch, more Shaco, less Eve please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlyGoat

10-15-2009

Thank you for another assassin with a stealth skill who isn't completely based around his stealth. Thank you so much for utilizing a game mechanic without forcing a hero to use it or become completely invalid, including becoming completely invalid if the other player spends $450 on a potion.

We need more of this. Stealth heroes being entirely centered around stealth is **** and stems from old DotA heroes like Clinkz and Bounty Hunter. DotA had good heroes like Treant and Priestess who also had stealths but were by no means based around them, and that's much better design.

Also remake Eve and never make the mistake of stealth-based again and we'll all be very happy. Thanks.

Keyn

10-15-2009

Wait, are you saying that Twitch isn't stealth based? lol?

Shaco's stealth is as critical to his play as it is to Evelynn and Twitch's, only his is not a "roaming" stealth. He can't activate it and then roam the map in search of an easy target. Instead, his stealth is to be activated just outside of the enemy's field of view when making the first move, and then again when chasing the enemy down. Shaco is possibly the most difficult hero to get away from atm. His stealth is a very important ability in his play, and it should be used religiously, just as with the other stealthers.

"Also remake Eve and never make the mistake of stealth-based again and we'll all be very happy. Thanks"

I would not be happy at all.

However, although I absolutely do not want Eve to be remade (she is one of my favorite champs), there should be no more made like her and Twitch. Shaco's style is fine because his stealth is limited, but adding any more hardcore, "roaming" stealth killers would lead to nasty gank groups.

ISiefer

10-15-2009

Twitch deals a lot of damage, and is ranged, which gives him a huge advantage over someone like Evelyn. In fact, the only thing he really ends up needing from his stealth later is the speed boost. The stealth becomes just a nice touch that lets him get in range of heroes to kill. 'Course he can kill towers so quickly, even that isn't really needed.
On the other hand, if Eve doesn't have her stealth, she is completely negated.
She is one of my favorite heroes, but as it is, against good players with skill she sucks. Against good players Twitch is okay. Against noobs, both of them rape.

SlyGoat

10-16-2009

Stealth is important to Twitch, but to a good Twitch his slow is easily just as important, and expunge provides a great finisher, both synergize well with his stealth but would work fine without it.. Eve is all stealth; her hate spike is just her AP-based autoattack, barely a skill at all, ravage is just a nice filler skill, her ultimate barely feels like an ultimate. She's pretty much just stealth dependent to get kills. It's her only way of getting in range, her only way of keeping a target around long enough to kill them since she's more DPS than burst. Shaco definitely isn't stealth based, his stealth is more important for the blink and crit than the stealth.

Shadowen

10-16-2009

Shaco's stealth could use about 2-5 more seconds added to it though. I like to combo it with his Ultimate and let stay hidden till they destroy it

SlyGoat

10-16-2009

With how squishy shaco is, and his illusion taking even more damage, I seriously hope it doesn't take them 5 seconds to kill it. Honestly if his stealth was much longer it'd be way too good an escape skill and be a situation of well I have to buy an elixir to ever kill this guy.

Shadowen

10-16-2009

Well its good to stealth out of sight then move in to do the ultimate, otherwise it will be so damn obvious that if he suddenly disappears and reappears without backstabbing someone that its the trap.

OctopusDropkick

10-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyGoat View Post
Thank you for another assassin with a stealth skill who isn't completely based around his stealth. Thank you so much for utilizing a game mechanic without forcing a hero to use it or become completely invalid, including becoming completely invalid if the other player spends $450 on a potion.

We need more of this. Stealth heroes being entirely centered around stealth is **** and stems from old DotA heroes like Clinkz and Bounty Hunter. DotA had good heroes like Treant and Priestess who also had stealths but were by no means based around them, and that's much better design.

Also remake Eve and never make the mistake of stealth-based again and we'll all be very happy. Thanks.
This is a good post and I agree 100%.

EternalOne

10-16-2009

Whoah, Whoah, Whoah.. did you just say Evelyn wasn't burst? Are you joking? Seriously? Really? Are you sure? She is one of the best bursting characters I know. Ravage is amazing burst if you build her to burst. Ravage + Sheen = lots of bursty damage, specially with a practically instant hate spike that would follow up.

I personally LOVE Evelyn. She is probably my favorate character after Anivia. Plus, if you know how to play the game, you can figure out how to get around oracle potions or other stealth detection. Usually by utilizing the jungle to ambush or flank your opponents.

Paconator

10-16-2009

Shaco's steatlh is acceptable. 5 sec only though a short cd. But it is not a total disturbance.

Twtich is more annoying, spawns from shadows with a fast attack and expunge. If you are alive after expunge, Twitct is probably dead afterwards.

But Eve is, well i hate that games against her. Perma invis, initiate stun, big burst damage. Kill weakest, run away and wait for next victim.

Why it need 450 gold to hunt down a hero is a big question. An item for just 3 heroes.. This is a luxury for them.