Ask Sona

1234511 ... 33
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Sona

02-10-2012

Greetings Summoners,

I'm not exactly sure how to start this. I'm not quite used to communicating with others through a medium other than my music. I guess just ask your questions and I'll answer them to the best of my knowledge. Please try not to ask anything too personal as some aspects of my life i would like to keep out of the general public. Ask away and i'll answer with perfect tempo

-Sona

SentinelOfPain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2012

Have you ever considered that your instrument may potentially be an incredibly dangerous being capable of mass destruction? There is literally no other instrument like it and I find its power disturbing.

Of course, I believe your abilities compliment it as well. I sometimes have to wonder what you could do with other instruments.

Roland Gridley

02-10-2012

I know this is comparing apples to oranges in many ways, but I've always had this feeling that the composer Chopin is far underrated in comparison to other classical counterparts. In a battle to the death, Mozart or Chopin? No, I'm kidding. What I'd like to know, actually, is which classical composers you prefer...?

Ask Sona

02-10-2012

Quote:
Have you ever considered that your instrument may potentially be an incredibly dangerous being capable of mass destruction? There is literally no other instrument like it and I find its power disturbing.

Of course, I believe your abilities compliment it as well. I sometimes have to wonder what you could do with other instruments.
Yes I'm aware of the Etwahl's bizarre arcane abilities. I will admit when i was younger and... less experienced i did cause a few injuries to myself and others... i'll leave it at that.

Over the years i have learned to tame the instrument. The key is to let it have some control over its own powers. Ever wonder why i don't choose my own targets on the field... that's why.

Quote:
I know this is comparing apples to oranges in many ways, but I've always had this feeling that the composer Chopin is far underrated in comparison to other classical counterparts. In a battle to the death, Mozart or Chopin? No, I'm kidding. What I'd like to know, actually, is which classical composers you prefer...?
I will admit with great embarrassment that i'm not the most educated person when it comes to classical music. Before I met my late mother i spent some time studying it but that was so long ago i don't remember much.

To answer your question, between the 2 of them i'd pick Mozart, but my personal favorite is Beethoven, he speaks to me personally because he was a very talented composer even though he had a disability, he was always my inspiration to compose and play music.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-10-2012

Lady Sona. Hello! I'm curious, do your fellow Demacians speak with you well enough, considering... you know, how you communicate?

SpicyJackTheBard

Recruiter

02-10-2012

Lady Sona,

It is good to see that you have started an advice column as well. As a bard, I am deeply attuned to music as well, and I would love an opportunity to perform with you.

However, fawning aside, I have to ask you, what is it like working with Mordekaiser, Yorick, and Karthus onstage? They seem rather impersonal individuals when on the Fields of Justice.

In all Sincerity,
Summoner Spicy Jack, the Bard of Piltover

Ask Sona

02-10-2012

Quote:
Lady Sona. Hello! I'm curious, do your fellow Demacians speak with you well enough, considering... you know, how you communicate?
I'm confused about your meaning here... If you mean do i get visitors... yes more or less. Some fellow champions come visit me backstage after performances and just talk and hang around. Lux and garen are frequents and Shyvana comes by sometimes. When i play in Ionia i always get little Kennen coming by and asking for a "private show" as he puts it.

Other than that... I don't get many visitors, and i can't exactly engage in a conversation, but there are ways to communicate with others, i'm grateful some can stand extended periods of silence.

Quote:
Lady Sona,

It is good to see that you have started an advice column as well. As a bard, I am deeply attuned to music as well, and I would love an opportunity to perform with you.

However, fawning aside, I have to ask you, what is it like working with Mordekaiser, Yorick, and Karthus onstage? They seem rather impersonal individuals when on the Fields of Justice.

In all Sincerity,
Summoner Spicy Jack, the Bard of Piltover
I thank you for the compliment but i must admit that i am not 100% comfortable performing with others yet. Obviously i perform with the Pentakill, but even that took a while to get used to. I'd say if you are really interested you can talk to me after a show and play me a sample of your music and i'll see if i can work you into something. Maybe i can talk to Mordekaiser to see if you wanna tour with Pentakill if your interested.

Speaking of Pentakill, i was a bit apprehensive to join a band that was so... uncouth, but i've actually taken a liking to the... colorful members.

Karthus is really a big softy deep down, that's all i can really say about him. He said to keep anything he says confidential and i don't want to anger him. He is still scary when he's mad and i would enjoy not being Requiemed, Defiled, and Layed to Waste. I enjoy life and i'm not yet ready to join the ranks of the dead.

Yorick could do for a good shower and is really depressing. Really enjoys talking about death and said he knew a relative of mine, but i think he was joking.

Mordekaiser is really protective of me, being the only living member of the band and all. He actually approached me and asked if i wanted to join him on stage, i was curious how i'd fit in, but i just played what came to mind. I'm never written into any songs but i like it that way. I like improvising and I've only gotten kind words about it.

SpicyJackTheBard

Recruiter

02-10-2012

Lady Sona,

The fact that you are even interested in hearing some of my compositions warms my heart. I would gladly post them, though I fear the opinion of my fellow summoners.

In all Sincerity,
Summoner Spicy Jack, The Bard of Piltover

Silverling

02-10-2012

Sona,

♪♪♫♪♫♫♫♪♪♪♪♫♪♫♪♪♪

-Neutral Summoner Silver

Ask Sona

02-10-2012

Quote:
Lady Sona,

The fact that you are even interested in hearing some of my compositions warms my heart. I would gladly post them, though I fear the opinion of my fellow summoners.

In all Sincerity,
Summoner Spicy Jack, The Bard of Piltover
Dear Jack

If you truly fear opinion then it'll be hard for you to be on stage no? If it worries you that much i can arrange something private if schedule permits. However i do believe you should work on your fear of opinion and overcome it. I had the same fear a while ago myself, and its still sort of there. If you feel up to it, we can meet in a public place, if not, well we can work something out.

Your supportive Maven- Sona

1234511 ... 33