No respect for Trynds on 3s

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArchAgent

02-10-2012

Since you must be playing normals (since there is no way a tryn would not be banned in ranked), then make sure either a tryn or a lee is on your team. Lee is the hard counter. Soft counters are Yorick and to a certain extent new Jax.

Really, Tyrn isn't impossible to shut down. Lee beats him early game and 1v1 can beat him late game too, mainly because a good lee denies him enough early game. Push him out of lane, kill half the jungle (so he cant kill it) push him out of lane again - get dragon.... rinse repeat.

IT ISN'T THAT HARD.

EDIT - Forgot to say that Lee works if you max anything but q first. max either w or e, and in your combo set save q for last when he is running. w to the minion he is attacking, e - e would scare him away while wearing him down and eventually you could q to finish the deal.

Eviant

02-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerz297 View Post
Thornmail single handedly destroys Tryndamere if you cant afford 2k to make 1/3 their team usless and its their Carry so useless carry = useless team.

After Nerf you can face a fed Tryndamere and once you build Thornmail you will win.
That's assuming he will target you first. Provided you are the tank, it's not likely. If you are the carry, you are squishy enough to **** over anyway, and all he does is rage, kill you, heal and come back.

Fact is, I can't think of anyone whose kit allows them to build complete offense, Push a lane so hard, hit for 200-300 naturally at level 2, or have a AD reduction that is about equivalent to a BF sword, and have all of this with little to no risk of being punished for it.

Boo

02-10-2012

omg more tryn threads. he got nerfed like twice, isnt that enough

Eviant

02-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
omg more tryn threads. he got nerfed like twice, isnt that enough
I don't care about everything else, really. But it seems like they won't touch the real issue, His ultimate, so we will always have issues.

Sinistrilonfire

02-11-2012

If the "real issue" is his ultimate then just take ignite. Move away from him or slow/stun him when he's using it. He is definitely not the champ I worry most about on twisted treeline. Not even close.

Build thornmail, ward center, take ignite, gank smart, etc

And no I don't play Tryn at all.

twinksthebard

02-11-2012

also if the trynd has lifesteal there is no point to thornmail because he will just get back all the damage thornmail returns.

TROLLLLLLLIN

02-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyushu View Post
I'm not reading that whole dang thing. Make a tldr
TL;DR Tryn is god mode on 3's, bring back draft mode for norms

sealzilla

02-11-2012

Originally i played champs that hard counter trynda***** such as leesin rammus udyr riven but then i got bored of having to pick only a select few champs and of vsing the same champs every match (jax, trynd, akaili when she was buff, morde, mundo, singed, kennen) so now I play 5's I prefer the 3s game play but the fact only a select few champs are viable has wrecked it for me.

As for what you said about certain types ofpeople playing trynd your right i havent met a trynd who isn't a complete ****

tl;dr = only a select few champs ae viable on 3's got bored now I play 5's

sakkakudiego

02-11-2012

Tryndamere is broken, especially in 3s. The huge amounts of nerfs and buffs he got until now proves it. Yes, he can be countered...but it's much harder in a 3s.

Suppose you can counter him with rammus, thornmail and some **** and fight him in jungle. When he's low hp he will just ult and spin through walls. Then you can try to chase him, but you most likely won't be able to reach him. Also, if you're low hp he can spin back and kill you first with some luck. I unlocked him few weeks ago just to make some tests. And I can tell, it's not just about countering him with items and champions. The map grants him great mobility and he WILL make use of it. But yeah, with some CC and skill (like the perfect timing to ignite him when he ults) he is still counterable.

Hyura

02-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinistrilonfire View Post
If the "real issue" is his ultimate then just take ignite. Move away from him or slow/stun him when he's using it. He is definitely not the champ I worry most about on twisted treeline. Not even close.

Build thornmail, ward center, take ignite, gank smart, etc

And no I don't play Tryn at all.
It's not that easy. You can ignite him, but for seven seconds he will torn you apart and don't give a ****. And you don't remember that there's a team with him. Almost every match someone takes heal on TT, this makes Tryndamere able to survive after his ult. And you can't run from him, he'll just slow you down.
Seriously, I'm almost buying him just to be as annoying as other people that play him.