Tear of the Goddess

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2012

http://www.dominatedominion.com/word...res-ryze-tear/

Fact and figures on tear + Ryze.

Mibuwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFeedski View Post
Already mentioned it, but regardless it is still a decent read as always.

DG TheFeedski

02-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mibuwolf View Post
Already mentioned it, but regardless it is still a decent read as always.
Oh my bad. I didn't go through and read all the post. Sorry. :\

DoctorEvolution

02-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukular power View Post
Nothing makes me cry harder than seeing people buying Tear. It is, imo, the single worst item to buy for the early game. On Ryze the **** start is sort of justifiable (though I skip it on him even these days for Catalyst) but as someone else pointed out, starting with Tear on any other champ is basically starting with no items at all.

I dont care what some nerd mathed out about Ryze dps after a 30 minute game, because even in Arab, if 2/3 of your team starts with tear, there is practically 0% chance of you winning any groupfights. But hey, at least your mana will be full, I guess.
Why would 2/3 of a reasonable team start with tear? That aside. It also wouldn't be zero if you only used it on champs that get the majority of their damage from abilities that can be spammed hard, also they would need to play more passively at the start. Though I agree with you, hardly any champs could justify a tear, unless rushing manamune, or building a full AA like Karthus.

On Ryze according to the nerd maths, it will take about 90 seconds before the tear is better value than the catalyst. Though strategically if you are against a champ that is likely to kill you in those 90 seconds the catalyst could be better.

Little Boy Nate

02-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpral View Post
So lets say you can get 600 by the end of the average 15 min game...there's still 400 points of untapped potential from this item, which is what the OP is trying to say.
The tear evens out on the cost/stat ratio at about 40 casts so that untapped potential is actually just extra awesomeness in one item.

Also, with that 600 extra mana you are getting 950 mana from a single item, more than any other item in the game if I am correct. On Ryze that is a solid 100+ damage on one Q-W and even more if you combo and get 3 or 4 Q's off.

What tweak could be made to it? Add the mana on as a flat stat and not building up via spell casts and it becomes too expensive to be viable. Not stats per minute, as that is on RoA and we all know how welcome that is to everyone playing dominion. The only possible this would be maximum mana per level but that would just make is so overpowered.

The Tear is in a good place as it is. If they were to ever tweak it, Riot would probably actually nerf it because lets be honest: 40 casts takes about 2 minutes to get on dominion, especially with Ryze.