Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Wtb REAL LoL for iPhone

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tussypickler

02-10-2012

When can we expect to see LoL for apple devices? Not the little tower game I mean for realsies I'd totally beta that lol

vLemon

QA Analyst

02-10-2012

Quote:
tussypickler:
Not the little tower game

What then?

benku

02-10-2012

a story mode thing would be cool

Samuel Lee

02-10-2012

multiple gb game that uses 1gb+ ram and requires a decent processor for a phone
op

vLemon

QA Analyst

02-10-2012

Even if the hardware requirements were met, who exactly would you control your champion? Click and scroll? Would it need an extra controler loosing the portability that a cell phone offers? Wouldn't the monitor be too small?

If there was a client ready for unix based systems, like mac and linux, I would be glad. But for an iphone??

Morover shouldn't this thread be in the feedback section or general discussion?

Chaoticon

02-11-2012

Quote:
vLemon:
Even if the hardware requirements were met, who exactly would you control your champion? Click and scroll? Would it need an extra controler loosing the portability that a cell phone offers? Wouldn't the monitor be too small?

If there was a client ready for unix based systems, like mac and linux, I would be glad. But for an iphone??

Morover shouldn't this thread be in the feedback section or general discussion?

Apple devices are full touch screen....welcome to 2012, YEARS after they released. Ipad 3/4 might make it happen. Iphone display is to small.

vLemon

QA Analyst

02-12-2012

Ok, I think we agree on the iphone part, that due to its small sized screen it is not suitable.

On the ipad now:
1. there are many devices from other companies making tablets. Why should riot make it only for the apple one?
2. do you reall want to use your right hand as a mouse while you are using your left hand to hit keys like crazy and do all of that on a touch screen for 20-40 mins? even if you had the keys in the left bot corner and the mouse scroll in the right one, using your thumbes for both, wouldn't you hands hurt after ten mins or so? If the whole key board was simulated you would have to put the ipad on something to be able to click like crazy and you would still have to look towards a down direction making your neck hurt.

But then again I find ipads as usefull as a cucumber with a tomato taste. If you really need to play all day long no matter where you are, you should buy a netbook, something portable, but a device that supports more stuff than watching a video and logging at facebook.
The other option is when someone leaves her/his house she/he should try beeing social and let the games home, where they belong.

urmamasllama

02-12-2012

android would be a better platform for it.

just sayin and do you really think they'd make it work for phones before mac and linux?

i doubt it

GildedFox

Recruiter

02-12-2012

While I could see a smaller developer coming up with something similar (and someone has, I believe, except that it's not multiplayer), I really don't see it being worth Riots time right now, especially considering their current backlog in other areas. That said, I'd be interested in someone taking on the MOBA genre on mobile devices and game consoles.