LF Mid Game Advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HuskyMatusky

02-09-2012

I am a level 30 summoner and i really love to play ranged ad carries and support. I consider myself a good player but i have found that i have a problem when it comes to ranged ad carries. You see i accel at early game and am able to harass and get kills easily. The problem is that when it comes to mid game i pretty much fall flat on my face. I find that i fall behind at this point and become less of the danger that i was early game. This may be part of being and ad ranged carry but, i just find that my dps seems so much worse then other characters, even fellow ad ranged carries. I am wondering if i could get some tips on this subject below i will list my runes i typically use and build i typically go for. Thank you for reading.

Runes: Armor Pen Marks
Flat Armor Seals
Flat As Glyphs
Two Flat Health Quints and One Armor Pen Quint

Masteries: 21/0/9

Build: Dorans Blade, Basic Boots, Bf sword/Pickaxe, Finished Boots (Depends on situation), Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer

Favorite Champs: Graves, Caitlyn, Ashe

Thank you for reading once again and if you need any other info please feel free to ask.

DMPuffy

02-09-2012

AD Quints

Build a Last Whisper after IE and PD, or if you want to try to go on the offense instead of passively last hitting and zone your enemy, pick up a second Doran's on your first recall. If you do not have a sustain support, get either a Wriggles or a Blood Thirster instead of IE (not on Ashe).

Also, last hit as much as possible. If you can get ~40-60 CS above the enemy AD carry by the time mid game comes around, you'll have a major advantage. Make sure to ask your jungler for red as well, it helps with damaging and kiting.

Titan9900

02-09-2012

Might want to try switching up armour runes for flat AD or AP. Also don't forget when you have pushed your lane if you aren't already doing it you can gank bot and top for easy kills.

HuskyMatusky

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonards View Post
AD Quints

Build a Last Whisper after IE and PD, or if you want to try to go on the offense instead of passively last hitting and zone your enemy, pick up a second Doran's on your first recall. If you do not have a sustain support, get either a Wriggles or a Blood Thirster instead of IE (not on Ashe).

Also, last hit as much as possible. If you can get ~40-60 CS above the enemy AD carry by the time mid game comes around, you'll have a major advantage. Make sure to ask your jungler for red as well, it helps with damaging and kiting.
Flat Ad quints or ad per level?

Also usually cs isn't a problem for me, i do have a bad habit of staying too much with the team ( which sometimes isn't a bad thing) and not going to farm by myself and i think thats part of the problem. Usually i end up falling behind in creeps once i start leaving lane to go gank or support other lanes. Should i be sticking around in my lane longer then i am used too or what?

DMPuffy

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyMatusky View Post
Flat Ad quints or ad per level?

Also usually cs isn't a problem for me, i do have a bad habit of staying too much with the team ( which sometimes isn't a bad thing) and not going to farm by myself and i think thats part of the problem. Usually i end up falling behind in creeps once i start leaving lane to go gank or support other lanes. Should i be sticking around in my lane longer then i am used too or what?
My team often complains about it, but I like to split push to keep 1-2 of the enemies in another lane. If I constantly run bot and top to push it up to the tower, they have to keep clearing it or risk losing the tower. If my team is just sitting in mid, I'll ward the enemy jungle and try to push and take a side tower. Once all 3 lanes are pushed, you can easily just keep switching from top to bottom, farming the jungle on the way and pressure the towers until one drops.

If, say, you're playing Graves, this is extremely fast and easy; Buckshot clears waves in seconds, and you can quickly move from one to the next. Not only that, but if you get caught, Graves is a powerful 1v1 champion and you're more than likely to win if your summoners are up.

This is a way to stay useful, but also get immense amounts of farm at the same time.