Playing from the top

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ira Nibanabane

02-09-2012

I personally hate the entire concept of Dominion, it turns the game into something more of a cheap Windows 95 hack and slash, but there is one thing about it I appreciate. Neither side has an advantage for starting position.

In modern day there are surely many players using laptops to play LoL and most of them therefore have widescreens (maybe it feels the same on a regular screen too, I don't know). So when your movement placement and rush-in attacking abilities (like Shyvana's transformation into a dragon) become limited to about 1/2 range (from the roughly 2/3 normal range you have to begin with due to the HUD) because in the middle of fighting you suddenly leveled up and got the skill increase popup, it can really screw with a battle strategy.

What I don't understand is why the people playing top down can't just get a map flip. It seems like a simple enough implement, the map isn't changing, there's really nothing new to add, just a bit more data to show the back sides of what's there (it's the same as what's elsewhere on the map) or just use the same texture reversed .

Kedali

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira Nibanabane View Post
I personally hate the entire concept of Dominion.
Then why are you here?

Ira Nibanabane

02-10-2012

I have no idea why this is here...when I was making the post it clearly said it was going into the Summoner's Rift section.

Edit: I've just checked browser history as well as the back button on my browser, it was definitly supposed to post to Summoner's rift >.>

Bladesk8ter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2012

pro-tip: change hud scale and make it smaller.

Glumduk

02-10-2012

If you don't want your posts rudely shoved into the Dominion forums, don't say "Dominion", "Domination", or any word starting with "Dom", in your post. That's all it takes.

Ira Nibanabane

02-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glumduk View Post
If you don't want your posts rudely shoved into the Dominion forums, don't say "Dominion", "Domination", or any word starting with "Dom", in your post. That's all it takes.
They have an auto routing system of some sort then?

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2012

Either that or some pretty dumb mods..... or both.

urmamasllama

02-10-2012

well don't you look like an ass now =P

Ira Nibanabane

02-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladesk8ter View Post
pro-tip: change hud scale and make it smaller.
Hud scaling sucks...

DoctorEvolution

02-10-2012

Well there are advantages and disadvantages to playing on the top and bottom.