Practice games: another player has changed the game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

honda06

07-23-2010

This is the first time i've had this problem so I'm not sure what went on. I was just confused.

1. I created a practice game welcome to all. No passwords. 5v5. No other changes.
2. It filled up and I tried to start it.
3. The game would not let me. It said something about anothe player changing the game so I couldn't start it.
4. I kept trying to start the game and the same message would pop up. Then finally it started on its own.
5. When we entered player selection everyone was given random characters.

Just wondering what had happened and how to avoid it next time. Thank you.

Banikiya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2010

The same thing had happened to me, only minus steps 2 and 3.

I hit start game and a window popped up saying something along the lines of "An unexpected error has occurred". Everyone was given random characters and in a rage all left yelling at me calling me a noob. Curious myself what it meant, I should've saved the script error.

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2010

Currently in practice there is an all-random mode. If you're sure that this is not what you chose, then maybe it's a bug related to it.

xpsychedelico

07-24-2010

I've had a similar bug occur, where I was in charge of the game, and then suddenly someone else was in charge, and my room would not change, even though I would see new people chatting in the room chat. Not sure why this is happening, but it's been rare. You might just want to restart the client.

Also, I hope you reported this in the Bugs forum.

honda06

07-26-2010

Thank you for the feedback. I'm glad it wasn't just me doing something accidentally. I started doing the bug report, but then realized I don't remember the date the problem popped up and I need it to figure out which log file to attach. I guess if it happens again, then I'll try to at least write down the date.