Bot lane is broken

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyrang

02-08-2012

So this is a deduction from watching competitive matches lately like Kiev, the bot lane AD/support combination seems kinda broken (a bit of my own experience):

There are three ranged AD that is kinda outclassing everyone else....
- Graves
- Sivir
- Kog

Yeah, these three are pretty much the only AD champs that are strong in both early and late game. Pretty much all the other ones are good early or good late.

As for support, it is more ridiculous
- Sona
- Soraka

TSM proved the point by banning Soraka and first pick Sona. And it is true, the winning team pretty much always has Sona as support, and by deduction only soraka can beat sona..... by forcing her on a sustain game.

Nunu deserves an honourable mention. He seems to fair ok....but only with paticular champs like Kog, while Sona and Soraka can pair up with pretty much anyone.

So all in all, bot lane, there are really only 5 champs going around.....

CapitanPlanet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2012

so vayne doesn't deserve a spot with those 3? hmmm

Unajer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2012

You could always run the kill lane on bot. Leona + J4 comes to mind.

Aybara2010

02-09-2012

In my opinion, the bot lane is the best place to tweak the meta. Now, we're seeing more creative "supports" in the form of Mundo, Nunu, and Leona. Also, i think we should toy around with different comps in the bot lane. One change I myself have had interesting success with is Alistar/Taric/Blitzcrank/Leona with Poppy/Pantheon/Xin Zhao/Jarvan IV. Infinite stunlock lanes are fun. This type of lane is especially good if you have say, an AD Nidalee or Teemo in top. Also with these lanes, both the "carry" in the bot lane and the support character are viable to help gank mid. It gives you more options.

And honestly, Riot does not control the meta. It's the players that discover and play the metagame. I remember when it was tank meta, and Ad carry in mid, and even when a jungler was optional. It's constantly changing, and I feel like we're in a transition period, where people are discovering the weakness of the current meta and exploiting it.

Hyosun

02-09-2012

Ageed with Aybara. Sure there are dominant strategies but there is plenty of room to exploit hidden advantages that are FAR from gimmicky. When those strategies become popular they'll become the new meta, barring any additional changes by Riot to characters, items, mechanics, etc. Meta is often nothing more than popular opinion.

Scauthra

02-09-2012

I watched Basicks play a 1900 ranked game and the support was Heimer. A character whose best support is just to do damage. Not shield, heal, or deter. Get a well placed stun, or do good damage. I'm stuck in the 1200s atm and whenever I go Sona and we face off against two really aggresive damage dealers bot, I find myself bewildered on how to fight. I do excellent against your standard supports, but when some crazy combo comes out of no where like Brand/WK or Jax/Ashe, my poking gets stopped and the trheat of being bursted increased.

Overall the bottom lane meta is to passive and farm intensive. The change over might be a more aggreive and gritty bottom lane.

Diminished

02-09-2012

o i think nunu and trist bot is ok

Hyosun

02-09-2012

Quote:
Overall the bottom lane meta is to passive and farm intensive. The change over might be a more aggreive and gritty bottom lane.
This is what is referred to as a "kill lane". You forego sustain and farm to gain an advantage and go for a lane that CAN farm but can just as easily kill. The supports would be nunu, jarvan, alistar and maybe even blitz. I haven't seen too many but there is definitely room to go with strats like this.

buttbuddynumba1

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitanPlanet View Post
so vayne doesn't deserve a spot with those 3? hmmm
He's saying they have a strong early and late game. Vayne is a hyper carry late game, but can struggle early on.

Felie

02-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyosun View Post
This is what is referred to as a "kill lane". You forego sustain and farm to gain an advantage and go for a lane that CAN farm but can just as easily kill. The supports would be nunu, jarvan, alistar and maybe even blitz. I haven't seen too many but there is definitely room to go with strats like this.
Well, I once topped w/ a Jarvan as Akali and it was essentially what you just described, except I was AP . I think it works very well, almost better than the general support + AD. From what you've listed as alternate "supports", I'm going to generalize and say perhaps a more tankish support? Someone with good CC and can absorb damage better than the squishy carry. I feel like this is more useful than a support sometimes...

But that's just my noobish 2 cents :3