League of Legends logo flashing on start up. Takes forever to launch game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blue Equinox

02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLarge Huge View Post
They are all dumb this is how you fix it.

-In windows 7 goto start menu
-type in cmd in the box
-right click cmd.exe and run as admin
-In black console window thing that pops up type: ipconfig /flushdns
-run LoL and be happy again

If that still doesn't fix it set your DNS to one of the public ones and see if that works. google's or openDNS. The DNS flushing alone fixed it for me. Have a great day gentlemen.
Give this man a Medal

Udyr didn't help me at all.

But this, Actually worked.

NeonRhino

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-23-2012

no luck with the ipconfig /flushdns solution

T a e

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

02-28-2012

I have this problem
at first it started after couple of flashes but now I waited over 5 min and still flashing
can't even stop it since it doesn't show up on task manager. I have to log off or restart to get rid of it
I remember doing some kind of updates on adobe flash maybe that has something to do with this problem.
I tried different server (Korean server) and it works just fine. just NA server is doing this

killops89

Recruiter

03-05-2012

Changed DNS to google's (http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/). Worked like a charm. Thanks McLarge

Outbreaak

06-11-2012

Flushing worked for me, but I have to do it every time I start the game. I'm just using a batch script now to open LoL.

If anyone's having the same problem as me, just copy and paste this into notepad and save it as a .bat and change the path to where lol.launcher.exe is in your system.

@echo off
ipconfig/flushdns
start /d "D:\Program Files\Riot Games\League of Legends" lol.launcher.exe

2Sonas 1 Chalice

07-15-2012

Big thanks to the council guy, it worked; it happened before, but i'd just restart my cpu and it'd start normally, but it was more stubborn this time, the cmd worked, thx bro!

Facky

07-15-2012

well i can tell you what the problem is...you are attempting to run the game on a resolution that is not supported...your screen will flash black constantly and since its a program that is running and changing settings it will be "always on top"

Dontist

Recruiter

07-21-2012

I only get this problem when starting LoL with Steam. Is it the same for you guys?

Scoutacus

07-21-2012

Disabling your antivirus and installing a fresh version of DX should fix it.