QQuestion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PopsickIe

02-17-2012

I play mostly solo 5v5s on summoners rift. Last weekend has brought about quite a bad losing streak. I am getting matched up with teammates that don't even have runes in place. The enemy team will usually dominate us early (surprisingly without a lot of MY teammates dying... at least at first) Next to go are our turrets quite quickly because of the obvious neglect when they all go rushing to one lane to assist teammates.I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same issue, or perhaps this has something to do with elo? Perhaps some suggestions on what to do in these situations? I know there is nothing we can do about the afk guy that is usually on my team (other than the tandem report at the end)

Kalturi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2012

The best thing you can do is become the team leader. When you find a team that lacks one, you need to encourage your teammates to be in charge of certain tasks.

For instance, "Irelia, as the off-tank with a gap closer, your main target is the AD carry. Focus him."
"We really need to protect our (whoever they are focusing), Alistar, will you make sure you do that as well as you can? The rest of us will help if we can."
Stuff like that. Don't tell them sarcastically what they should be doing in a way that makes them feel like you are attacking them, be the good, benevolent team leader.

IceGaia

02-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalturi View Post
The best thing you can do is become the team leader. When you find a team that lacks one, you need to encourage your teammates to be in charge of certain tasks.

For instance, "Irelia, as the off-tank with a gap closer, your main target is the AD carry. Focus him."
"We really need to protect our (whoever they are focusing), Alistar, will you make sure you do that as well as you can? The rest of us will help if we can."
Stuff like that. Don't tell them sarcastically what they should be doing in a way that makes them feel like you are attacking them, be the good, benevolent team leader.
This. I've seen this help out countless times. Just make sure you don't say anything rude or they'll just react badly and play even worse, want to surrender, etc. If they get cocky because they think you are being bossy, just try to calmly explain that you are only trying to help.

PopsickIe

02-17-2012

Okay, I will try that. I have seen negativity and what it breeds and it's usually not a winning game. Thank you guys for your suggestions.