Losing with a high score

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Merlin4JC

02-09-2012

So I lose in Dominion most of the time and am unsure why. I always prioritize capping points over killing champs due to the short respawn timer. I almost always have the highest or one of the highest scores on my team. Is it possible to be the one that causes the loss and still have the highest score on your team?

I am not trying to say "Im better than my team because I have a higher score". This is an honest question. Can I have the highest score and the most points captured but still be the reason my team always loses?

DoctorEvolution

02-09-2012

Yes if points that are captured are taken back straight away, for instance.

Sauron

02-09-2012

Yes, you can easily gain first place and cause a loss by repeatedly going bot lane and letting your turret drop before actually fighting and killing your opponent.

Typically why a "good" bot laner isn't going to be in first unless he survives a ton of ganks.

kercmerk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2012

I always lose with a high score, just look at my last couple Dominion games. Carried super hard with Lee Sin/Ryze, the moment my friend and I die the team falls apart. We go from having a 3-4 cap to being 5 capped.

EternalGreen

02-09-2012

My guess is, and I used to find myself doing this a lot was going for the enemies mid/bot when it isn't needed. When you are going for the ninja cap a lot of times you are putting your team at a disadvantage at an already controlled point of the map by having one less guy in a team fight if it breaks out.

What this leads to is that you capped enemies mid, but the rest of your team wiped while defending so now you've lost that point and while you are at the other side of the map and you team mates are re spawning your enemies have a jump on any other points you control. Not to mention a quick recall back to their base and they can probably easily take back the point you just captured, which means you just wasted your time aside from netting a few capture points to your score.

Its easy to think that because you are constantly going after points the enemy controls that you are helping your team by putting pressure on the opposing team to chase after you. However it rarely works out that way. Dominion's play style is just too fast.

Here is what I did in my Dominion games and found success in:

- Stop over extending in the lane: Sometimes you gotta let the guy with just a sliver of health get away instead of trying to get the kill and leaving your tower exposed. if he's baiting you into his team mate, or away from your tower so his team mate can cap, you are at a disadvantage.

- Know your enemies: When you die hold Tab and look at what the opposing team is building. I used to just build straight from whatever Mobafire guide I was using at the time, which is great if you make it into a long lasting game, but your early and mid game can suffer. Knowing what your enemies are building will allow you to change your own build in order to get more out of your character. Know what core items you need, but also know when you need to abandon your core for a moment to adapt to the current game.

Map Awareness: The quicker you see whats happening the quicker you and your team can react and get a handle on the situation. Watch for one or more enemies disappearing into the jungle, they aren't on a nature hike. They are going to reappear somewhere in your territory most of the time.

These things may or may not be contributing to your problems in dominion. Once I addressed these issues in my game play I went up to winning about 7 out of 10 games on average. Its no where near pro level tricks of the trade, but we all gotta start somewhere right?

Zulgaines

02-09-2012

Even when I go bot I end up in first a lot from killing enemy gankers, my laner, and taking their point multiple times.

Doesn't stop top from losing hard enough for none of it to matter a lot of times though. Not really sure what to do anymore besides find a duo partner with some skill.

Samuros

02-09-2012

It's hard to carry dominion games with 2 or 3 people queued. Just having 1 or 2 weak links on your team can be the downfall of the whole game. It really is way more team oriented.

Grantson

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin4JC View Post
So I lose in Dominion most of the time and am unsure why. I always prioritize capping points over killing champs due to the short respawn timer. I almost always have the highest or one of the highest scores on my team. Is it possible to be the one that causes the loss and still have the highest score on your team?

I am not trying to say "Im better than my team because I have a higher score". This is an honest question. Can I have the highest score and the most points captured but still be the reason my team always loses?
Its true that one aspect to winning this game is capturing points. But another big factor is winning group fights and getting people to stay dead as long as possible. Are you guys losing group fights? If so it's probably the over all team build that's not working. The team comp that seems to work well is 1-2 tanky, 2-3 bruster with mix AD AP.

Scores meaning nothing in Dominion, I usually get 1st or 2nd place as Sona. Want to know why? Because I get score points every time I cast a support spell.

Spike0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2012

xPainx

02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantson View Post
Its true that one aspect to winning this game is capturing points. But another big factor is winning group fights and getting people to stay dead as long as possible. Are you guys losing group fights? If so it's probably the over all team build that's not working. The team comp that seems to work well is 1-2 tanky, 2-3 bruster with mix AD AP.

Scores meaning nothing in Dominion, I usually get 1st or 2nd place as Sona. Want to know why? Because I get score points every time I cast a support spell.
Makes me wanna play with u. U have a brain