Soraka Anti-Yorick Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SoSalty

02-09-2012

What is the consensus on Soraka's general build?

Hextech Revolver>Boots of Speed>Hextech Sweeper>Ionion Boots & WotA>Spirit Visage>Frozen Heart/Odyn's Veil>Rylai?

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2012

Soraka makes yorick cry harder than her Q spam.

Isysar

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HÚkate View Post
Typically on beefy supports
This is a fabulous sentence. +1'd for this

crujuco

02-09-2012

Soraka is pretty ggod at start for team fight. The only time I see sorakas fail pretty bad is when they build glass cannons. I would rather my starcall do less damage so I can spam it more then cast it once or twice before being instagibbed.

Build her tanky and take heal as one of your summoner spells and you can have some epic moments of enemy thinking that they can just kill you under that tower as you just blew heal & wish... then bam use summoner heal.

crujuco

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSalty View Post
What is the consensus on Soraka's general build?

Hextech Revolver>Boots of Speed>Hextech Sweeper>Ionion Boots & WotA>Spirit Visage>Frozen Heart/Odyn's Veil>Rylai?
Only thing you get every single time is Spirit Visage & at least the 1st part of Frozen heart (the part that gives you CDR). You should also get WotA but sometimes its better to get more tanky instead of rushing it.

For armor Frozen Heart and Thornmail. Sometimes you dont need both, but thornmail is pretty godly on sorka if other team is packing AD burst.

Other good items (usally build near end game) Rylais, Deathcap and Abysal

NEVER under any circumstances get Ionion boots. Either get Mercs or Tabi. You should get enough CDR to get over 30% from masteries and Spirit Visage and Frozen heart ( or the basic CDR part of Frozen heart).

I use 9/21/0 masteries and Ghost Walk & Heal for summoner spells

Eglantier

02-09-2012

Doesn't matter, she's getting nerfed. Now no one can take Yorick. Maybe we should just start learning how to play Yorick as the best anti-Yorick build.

BunnyMind

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
Well the trick to Yorick is that he has no counter. You're gonna say, but so and so champ can beat him bottom. Ok, now hes top.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eglantier View Post
Doesn't matter, she's getting nerfed. Now no one can take Yorick. Maybe we should just start learning how to play Yorick as the best anti-Yorick build.
Skarner rips Yorick to pieces top or bot.

Stimuz

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HÚkate View Post
O rly? I didn't realize Yorick could put up invisible walls that prevent his counters from going top too. Dat sneaky Riot!
It's not a counter at top since its no longer a 1v1. Ult auto wins team fights.

H├ękate

02-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
It's not a counter at top since its no longer a 1v1. Ult auto wins team fights.
By that logic, counters don't exist in LoL as long as a team is available...

lbgsloan

02-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eglantier View Post
They're going after support sustain again, not nerfing her damage. They don't want Soraka to be a moving fountain for her carry on SR, as it kind of negates the whole 'we want supports to be more active' thing. They might actually BUFF her damage, making her stronger on Dominion as she doesn't need to infuse herself here.

Anyways, I feel that Soraka is really annoying early-mid game but lacks the power to do much late game. If you're not familiar with the matchup, it's hard to get near her without getting EQQQed while she pushes the lane at the same time. Her passive and W (combined with runes and masteries) give her high mres and armour early on, and she can build pretty tanky without giving up much damage output since she only cares about spamming Q and E every second they come off CD. She can overwhelm inexperienced players early game, but she can't hold late.

Quote:
It's not a counter at top since its no longer a 1v1
So...counterpicks don't apply to top at all because it's never a 1v1. Okay then.