Soraka Anti-Yorick Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hékate

02-09-2012

So I've never been a big Soraka player, Sona/Karma are my main supports. But seeing as she counters Yorick bot, I've been a little more interested lately... I'm pretty sure countering people in dom is my favorite thing. How do you usually build her when going bot against Yorick? I'm not TOO familiar with her so not sure what works best... I imagine sv/wota? What else?

Typically on beefy supports I do defensive masteries, MP/MR/armor runes with MS quints then build CDR/AP/HP, maybe with a thornmail/FoN/aegis depending on who I'm up against. Wat do?

Xanthic

02-09-2012

Soraka counters Yorick? Say whaaaaat?

Only champ that has ever countered me hard bot when playing Yorick has been Skarner. Mao becomes a stale mate mid / late game. There have been other players that have stale mated me with other weird champ builds, but that's been mostly cause they've been really good at abusing all the Yorick weaknesses rather than because of the champ they were playing.

Stimuz

02-09-2012

She doesn't really counter Yorick. Just bad Yoricks who are afraid to go all in on her(which he'll always win).

Hékate

02-09-2012

Well that's not as fun then. Womp Womp.

Political Squid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2012

I could see some merit to this. Because he is an AD caster, that long silence could be a boon. The problem becomes when he's already on you. The thing I would look at is maxing heal or mana first, other then starcall. It may be tempting to max Starcall first, but you don't want to push the lane with Yorick, it just gives him more room to chase you down and kill you. Secondly, having heal and mana maxed early will make sure you have the sustainability to outlast his mana. Also, using silence to kill his minions (specifically e) would slow him down a lot. I don't think a lot of people who don't play Yorick realise this but that red ghoul beating on you is healing him for a TON of health. I'll try this at some point with a buddy and maybe whisper you in game to see how it goes.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2012

Soroka might be able to have a decent chance vs a Yorick, but this isn't exactly COUNTERING him.

I bent over several Yoricks with free week Cassiopia in dominion. As it was my first go at Cass, I can say I am not a skilled ninja with her, and it wasnt Yorick week so I shouldn't have been facing scrubs.

While 1 example hardly constitutes "fact", the theorycrafting is pretty solid. She can reveal him in bushes with Miasma which makes him take damage or get pushed back. It also deals high DPS to creeps, countering his pushing ability with her own. Noxious Blast also damages him at very high range (850), letting her pick at him and the creeps and stay out of his Slownuke range. He cant even focus on the creep pushing without eating miasma/NB.

Unlike most, Yorick can't just push his way into the bottom bushes past her and Exhaust and beat the **** out of her. She sees him coming due to Miasma and spams Twin Fang which deals quite a crapload of damage long before he can really engage. Her Ult provides a final safety net.

-----
Talon is pretty good against Yorick too. His Rake thing has 600 range which ensures that if Yorick can nuke Talon, he can Rake right back immediately. Since rake SLOWS, he can trade a double-hit rake for a single Slow-AoE-Ghoul blast while avoiding getting hit with the Lifedrain nuke.

At 6, Talon can teleport/silence on top, autoattack, re-autoattack with his Q, throw Rake, ULT to stealth and hit then when he unstealths he hits again. If fast enough, Yorick can't do much about it. It also means that Talon can kill Yorick if he gets the advantage, whereas Yorick can't.

Stimuz

02-09-2012

Well the trick to Yorick is that he has no counter. You're gonna say, but so and so champ can beat him bottom. Ok, now hes top. Oh ****. I can also say you do not know true terror until you've seen Yorick + Ryze top while the champ you intended to stalemate/counterpick him with is now up against an AP.

Hékate

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
Well the trick to Yorick is that he has no counter. You're gonna say, but so and so champ can beat him bottom. Ok, now hes top. Oh ****. I can also say you do not know true terror until you've seen Yorick + Ryze top while the champ you intended to stalemate/counterpick him with is now up against an AP.
O rly? I didn't realize Yorick could put up invisible walls that prevent his counters from going top too. Dat sneaky Riot!

SoSalty

02-09-2012

Best counter I have ever seen to Yorick is Tryndamere.

Hawkwìng

02-09-2012

fiddle was countering my yorick in dominion pretty hard today. there is nothing he has to interrupt the channel, and not enuf dps to out race fiddles heals. if fiddle ults there is noway at all, all your summons are instantly killed.