Solo 5v5 ranked record leavers?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kioik

08-25-2010

More stupid behavior...

Twitch decided to AFK after Yi died a few times. So he sat around the spawn spot whining about Yi. Not a leaver, but a AFK. And looking at his win:leave ratio in 5v5 solo ranked, he's ruined a lot of games for many players.

Then after the game, he was pleased to get 61 IPs... I do not know why the game rewards this sort of behavior. It's abusive.

C00LST0RYBR0

08-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsauce View Post
Here's what people don't get:

You're in low Elo, so more people leave.
But its not just YOUR team, it happens to everyone else just as much as it does to YOU.

The reason you're playing in such low Elo is because your skill level dictates thats where you should be.

Nice graph BTW.
No it's totally random. I have an account at 1400 one at 1300 and one at 1000, and I've hit 1500 before.

Niipah

08-25-2010

I love this thread.

If only Riot could notice it, and actually do something.

Catalept

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by C00LST0RYBR0 View Post
No it's totally random. I have an account at 1400 one at 1300 and one at 1000, and I've hit 1500 before.
I don't think it's totally random... but I suspect that the randomness of a match's outcome increases at lower Elo ratings... which is to say, at lower Elo ratings, the Elo rating itself becomes a poor predictor of outcome.

Elo ratings were originally devised for chess games, which is a 2-player game with zero random variables (which are distinct from unknown variables, specifically the 'skill' of the players involved).

However, LoL has a number of random (or semi-random) factors, such as team composition, minion-surging, and leavers. Obviously, a player's ability to manage these factors increases with their skill (which is why 4v5 or even 3v5 wins still happen)... however, as player skill decreases, their Elo's predictive power gets drowned out by these random factors. That is, a 2200 team could be reasonably expected to beat a 2000 team fairly reliably... but it's quite possible that a 1100 team has a 50/50 chance against a 900 team. Which would mean that once you're in that bracket, it requires a lot of luck to get out, as your Elo's trajectory is dominated by a coin-toss.

I'm sure Riot has access to such statistics, and it'd be very interesting to see them.

Having said all that, it's not really relevant to the leaver problem. What Riot needs to do is figure out a set of criteria by which the presence of leaver causes a game's outcome to be nullified. Clearly, losing a game that was 4v5 from start to finish is not remotely indicative of poor player skill on the part of the people in the leaver's team. IMO, it's utterly spurious to call such a game a 'loss' or a 'win'.

kioik

08-27-2010

And another leaver on my team with the opposing team having a stealth duo queue lineup...

Oh boy, not fun at all. Btw since we had no chance to win, I had fun with my build. Don't get all uptight about it.

kioik

08-30-2010

So my latency is horrible, I played a normal game instead.

Woe, 2 leavers in the second game of the day.

purkel

08-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kioik View Post
More stupid behavior...

Twitch decided to AFK after Yi died a few times. So he sat around the spawn spot whining about Yi. Not a leaver, but a AFK. And looking at his win:leave ratio in 5v5 solo ranked, he's ruined a lot of games for many players.

Then after the game, he was pleased to get 61 IPs... I do not know why the game rewards this sort of behavior. It's abusive.
twitch, yi and teemo is pretty fail in itself... 3 very squishy glass cannons. no wonder you lost.

kioik

08-30-2010

Next normal game, and another leaver (after feeding of course).

Hans Vermhatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2010

What incentive does Riot have to ban these people? It would take time and effort for them to do so, and these are players who have or will potentially spend money on their game.

I promise you they have more pressing issues to deal with, and do not care too much about this issue.

kioik

08-31-2010

Another normal game, and another two leavers. First it was veiger who selected his champ then never showed up in the game. After yi fed my team, he left.

Veiger has 196 wins and 32 leaves. Leave/Win ratio of - 16%
Yi has 131 wins and 30 leaves. Leave/Win ratio of - 23%

A bit high if you ask me.