Solo 5v5 ranked record leavers?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kioik

Senior Member

07-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsauce View Post
Here's what people don't get:

You're in low Elo, so more people leave.
But its not just YOUR team, it happens to everyone else just as much as it does to YOU.

The reason you're playing in such low Elo is because your skill level dictates thats where you should be.

Nice graph BTW.
My skill level is merged alongside my teammates. I have played with outstanding players in low elo, and many crappy players. The leave/afk rate is very high, which causes game win/loss fluctuations. It's a downward spiral. Because no matter what I do, I'm sure to have a leaver within 6 games on my team. And that's an almost instant-loss.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

imasofast

Senior Member

07-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsauce View Post
Here's what people don't get:

You're in low Elo, so more people leave.
But its not just YOUR team, it happens to everyone else just as much as it does to YOU.

The reason you're playing in such low Elo is because your skill level dictates thats where you should be.

Nice graph BTW.
How is it his fault that people on his team are leaving games? How is that an indicator of HIS skill? In order for him to win a game like that, he would have to grossly outplay his opponents. Is it possible? Yes, but is it fair to ask of someone? Absolutely not.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iAnc SweetDreaM

Senior Member

07-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by imasofast View Post
How is it his fault that people on his team are leaving games? How is that an indicator of HIS skill? In order for him to win a game like that, he would have to grossly outplay his opponents. Is it possible? Yes, but is it fair to ask of someone? Absolutely not.
Uh he said that people are afk/leaving on both sides, meaning his opposing teams too, so the low ELO sorta reflects because he has even chance of win/loss with leavers/afk on BOTH sides....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kioik

Senior Member

07-28-2010

The "pool" of leavers/afkers pools down into the lower ELO. Players starting at 1200 are assumed to be average, even if they had 60 wins and 60 leaves during regular play. As the pool of leavers continue to increase, the slope of the line will continue to increase.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iisoloii

Senior Member

07-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsauce View Post
Here's what people don't get:

You're in low Elo, so more people leave.
But its not just YOUR team, it happens to everyone else just as much as it does to YOU.

The reason you're playing in such low Elo is because your skill level dictates thats where you should be.

Nice graph BTW.
What does hes skills have to do with leavers taking him to the low elo pit??????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????
dumb ass


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kioik

Senior Member

07-28-2010

And another leaver. Rammus dc for most of the game. He came back and ran around a little. Then he promptly sat at the spawn spot until the game over, and did not earn "leaver" tag.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

macsauce

Senior Member

07-28-2010

If you're getting this many leavers and you think it's just bad luck.....

You're wrong. Its you.

Unless you end up playing the same amount of 4v5's and you do 5v4's, then the only consistant variable in all of your games is you.

How do people not grasp this simple concept? EVERYONE GETS LEAVERS ON THEIR TEAM, BUT NOT EVERYONE IS LOW ELO


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kioik

Senior Member

07-29-2010

Second game this morning with 2 leavers on my team. Game ended around 10:35 am EST. Master YI was vulgar, used a racial comment, and made heinous comments on chat. He was the first to leave. The second leaver was Karthus after he continuously pushed mid only to die to twitch/vlad non-stop.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

adwark

Senior Member

07-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsauce View Post
If you're getting this many leavers and you think it's just bad luck.....

You're wrong. Its you.

Unless you end up playing the same amount of 4v5's and you do 5v4's, then the only consistant variable in all of your games is you.

How do people not grasp this simple concept? EVERYONE GETS LEAVERS ON THEIR TEAM, BUT NOT EVERYONE IS LOW ELO
You,Sir,have a potty mouth and should be disciplined!
People should be able to enjoy leavers free game regardless of elo.You do get more leavers in lower elo as leavers get -rank.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kioik

Senior Member

07-29-2010

Game ended at 12:30 PM EST. A no-show on my team (Blitz). Not sure if he was AFK from the champion selection, but didn't do anything during the game. No actions.

I have played 5 games today. 2 of the 5 games had leavers on my team. Opposing teams had no leavers.