the new way to run LoL in ubuntu (working!)

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

H31lel

02-23-2012

After using the comand: "WINEDEBUG=+ntdll wine "rads_user_kernel.exe" run lol_launcher $(ls ../projects/lol_launcher/releases/) LoLLauncher.exe"

it pops up a window with the message "The program rads_user_kernel.exe have found and error and had to close" something like that... What can i do? Already reinstaled ubuntu and it still apear the same message...

Thanks.

urmamasllama

02-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selthus View Post
After playing a game I noticed my frames making significant drops by the 15-20 min mark. Becoming virtually unplayable.
Also for me I can only get the game to work after a fresh installation, otherwise the launcher stalls at 0%.
The health bar at the bottom of the screen is permanently full regardless of how much missing health you have and the recall bar is also permanently full regardless of how long you've been channeling.

Just a heads up for people, its not time to remove your Windows copy just yet.
yeah ive been experiencing and reading these problems myself

the framerate issue has to do with a memory leak

i don't ever experience it because i've got entirely too much ram and i mostly play dominion

but just that fact that we can play it at all again is a huge step forward

sometimesthe patcher bugs like that and you just have to retry if after several attempts it doesn't work then you should use the repair function in the patcher a full reinstall shouldn't be needed

urmamasllama

02-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by H31lel View Post
After using the comand: "WINEDEBUG=+ntdll wine "rads_user_kernel.exe" run lol_launcher $(ls ../projects/lol_launcher/releases/) LoLLauncher.exe"

it pops up a window with the message "The program rads_user_kernel.exe have found and error and had to close" something like that... What can i do? Already reinstaled ubuntu and it still apear the same message...

Thanks.
it probably means that some of the winetricks did not install properly most likely vcrun if vcrun2005 gives you problems try installing vcrun2008 as well

H31lel

02-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmamasllama View Post
it probably means that some of the winetricks did not install properly most likely vcrun if vcrun2005 gives you problems try installing vcrun2008 as well
Thanks.. I am feeling a moron.

After running winetricks from root and instaled the vcrun2005 and the other dll and corefonts, it worked.. thanks again

urmamasllama

02-23-2012

no problem honestly im not that far ahead of you on this i just have the time to play around with the limited knowledge i have until it works most of this information is just public knowledge that i have collected together because each guide i've seen so far only had pieces of what is needed

Selthus

02-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmamasllama View Post
no problem honestly im not that far ahead of you on this i just have the time to play around with the limited knowledge i have until it works most of this information is just public knowledge that i have collected together because each guide i've seen so far only had pieces of what is needed
Kudos because you made it a pretty easy/painless experience.

Wesker Bot

02-28-2012

i just have 1 question, how can i make a "link" or shortcut ?
or do i have to run the comand everytime i start league ?

seems to be working atm, downloading updates, thanks

Wesker Bot

02-28-2012

well i manage to run league, it downloads the update, but when i click play, it just vanishes and i cant put my account, or log in, or see anything at all

Wesker Bot

02-28-2012

i still didnt manage the client to be running but i just found out that i didnt click the net 1.1 so thats something missing, that you should consider, sometimes it loads automaticly but if it dosnt, you need to add it, its on the same menu or vr2005

urmamasllama

02-29-2012

you'll have to look up how to make a shell script to automate the startup

as for your other issue the only thing i can tell you to try is installing vcrun2008 one of the installs i did had a problem with 2005 and installing 2008 seemed to fix it

also install the d3dx9_XX dll's

123456 ... 7