Morello what is your take on soraka bot lane.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kanaryuu

02-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueber View Post
That'd fix Leona, but not the deeper issue of there only being a handful of champions that fit into the 0CS role that is today's support. It'd be awesome to be able to see more Leona, but much more interesting overall if 0CS was fixed so that we could see more viable options in the role of dual lane.

Also, glad to hear that Graves is about to be nerfed into the ground. Too much of that guy lately.
the 0CS babysit role has been around since DoTa 1, is has been around for a long time, because its the best way to ensure your team can win,
It's not a bad way to play, people just don't like it when there the ones forced into the 0CS role.
being a support player, i don;t mind getting no CS, i enjoy having all my focus on harassing the enemy rather then killing minions.
That being said, I also play alot of AD carry, and most of my attention then turns to "Must last hit" which can get boring after a while, but the fact of the matter is, i need them items, my base scale is pathetically small, the gap between no complete items and complete items, is to big to pass up. when compared to the fact AP can pretty much burst you down with little more then 3 spells and next to no items, making you like.. "wut"

but as for leona, i personally think having her proc full damage on minions would give her a buff. give her a slight buff to her E damage, make HER proc 50% of the "bonus passive damage" to champions or. if she has her W up, make it so "She" can't proc her passive on Champs, but if she doesn't have it on, she can do full damage to champions.

so she'll have a choice between "being tanky and giving out her W to her team" or "Doing more damage. but being less tanky and less passives for your team"

Would increase a skill cap, make her usefull in lane a bit more, plus keep her from doing massive damage in team fights but still making her a threat because she's got farm from a jungle.

Werewolf Link

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
It's not "the supports." It's certain "supports". Some are defensive (Soraka), some are a mix (Taric, Janna), and some are all offense (Leona). I think it's okay to have a healthy mix of styles. The problem is, certain supports are just "best." Soraka/Sona, mostly.

We have the same with AD carries: Caitlyn and Urgot are big bullies, Kog'Maw just wants to farm. However, if any one AD carry is way too good (i.e. Graves since release), we nerf so that other AD carries can be relevant.
Kog'Maw does just want to farm. Why won't people leave him alone while he does that?

xkawazux

02-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
TF2 is the -most- egregious example. At high-level play, the medic is the single most important thing in the game, and the entire strategy and gameflow revolves around it.

In pub play even, most medics wins unless there's a massive skill disparity.
The problem isn't really the medic, it's what the medic does to the competitive classes. Soldier and Demo make AoE damage so prevalent that medics are necessary while also having the highest burst damage, mobility, and utility.

Without the soldier and demo, medics wouldn't be nearly as important.

Searbreon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
You seem to have missed the part where sustain is something they're trying to get rid of. Also Janna is probably the best designed support and one of the best designed champions in the game. She's what supports should be like.

Also, to the guys above comparing flash and heal, flash is much, much, much worse for the game than heal is, but Riot will never do what is needed (remove flash) because it would be "Too disruptive."
However, sustain is still in the game and is something that Janna lacks at the moment. And wouldn't getting rid of sustain be as disruptive as getting rid of flash?

And seeing as how you phrased it like this I will too: You seem to have missed the part where i put @morello.

chumbler

02-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searbreon View Post
However, sustain is still in the game and is something that Janna lacks at the moment. And wouldn't getting rid of sustain be as disruptive as getting rid of flash?

And seeing as how you phrased it like this I will too: You seem to have missed the part where i put @morello.
You don't fix a bad thing by adding more of that bad thing. When damage is dealt it needs to stick. if it doesn't stick and there is risk involved in doing it, there is no reason to do it. Janna does not need sustain added, and as I said and I'm sure most would agree, she is pretty much perfectly designed because Brackhar is one of the most talented people at Riot. Also Morello pretty much already answered you in his earlier posts which I was paraphrasing.

TheFern33

02-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draygo Korvan View Post
speaking of graves are you guys going to finally tone down his laning phase a bit? He essentially never runs out of mana in laning phase and I think thats his biggest tipping point in balance.
being that graves has been nerfed so much in a short period i think its time to do smaller tweaks to him rather than the large overwhelming ones ive seen. its getting to the point where its like.... why did i even buy graves and why even bother moving in for buckshot. i agree graves is powerful but maybe a nerf to the AS of e would be more beneficial than nerfing his damage more

Das Cavemann

02-10-2012

I've been maining Soraka now for a while; every time I entered a normal/ranked people got pissed off I chose Soraka over Sona as support. No one complained about nerfing her. Then few weeks later (nothing has changed with her) all of a son, everyone and their mother wanted soraka as support. People are complaining that she is too sustainable and her silence is op (I'd have to agree with sustainability but that's all she has, she doesn't dps as well then any other support and besides flash she has no escape goat like the rest.) And now they're nerfing them? I don't know if its a coincidence or what.... but I guess I'm fine with it as long as you guys don't go overboard with it.

PS: Since you guys are finally looking at her now, will we finally get a new skin? <3

Alamandaros

02-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavemann6 View Post
I've been maining Soraka now for a while; every time I entered a normal/ranked people got pissed off I chose Soraka over Sona as support. No one complained about nerfing her. Then few weeks later (nothing has changed with her) all of a son, everyone and their mother wanted soraka as support. People are complaining that she is too sustainable and her silence is op (I'd have to agree with sustainability but that's all she has, she doesn't dps as well then any other support and besides flash she has no escape goat like the rest.) And now they're nerfing them? I don't know if its a coincidence or what.... but I guess I'm fine with it as long as you guys don't go overboard with it.

PS: Since you guys are finally looking at her now, will we finally get a new skin? <3
I think the problem comes down to that if you harass her lane, she can heal it back up no problem; if you don't harass her lane, she can freely harass you back. It's lose-lose.

And then there's the armour buff...

VicariousVesper

02-10-2012

So let me get this straight.

Healers being balanced. Good.

Soraka's mana problems being addressed...okay...?

Soraka's heal making the target almost **** near invincible for an EXTREMELY LONG TIME to AD players due to the "FREE STATS" Riot loves to hate and nerfed/reworked a few things over, not being nerfed at all. Phage-on-head retardation.

Nerf it so it'll be in line with Sona / Taric's armor benefits, because Soraka's is kinda too good.

FloppySeaHorse

02-10-2012

I don't find that providing her champions with mana is a huge deal. The problem I have with Soraka is her temporary armor buff. Graves can jump into battle with blatently OP Armor to begin, then be healed and have a Godly amount of armor at low levels where you can't hurt him before he can kill you.