Morello what is your take on soraka bot lane.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King Ghidrah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2012

morelllo i think in my view, soraka armor temp buff is a little too much because whever i face agiasnt a soraka
without ignite. i would harrras with some skills or lets say few auto attacks
now lets say that in a fight in bottom lane. soraka would just heal all of it back up with additional of 100+ armor which makes it nearly impossible and extremely to fight against. Pretty much soraka's heal is basically double heal with that armor. makes the range ad's armor pen runes look like nothing.

iSzathi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosisx2 View Post
I don't know why everyone QQ's about Soraka so much. I've played her more than any champion, even when she was considered a terrible pick, so I know where her strengths and weaknesses lay. She's so weak and fragile in lane early game it's not even funny. Level 1 team fights she can't do anything so the enemy can easily invade your jungle. Next it almost guarantees the enemy team the first dragon of the game because of how weak she is. 20 second cooldown heals that heal for barely anything are awful and until she is level 6 does she start to be a problem. You have 6 levels of dominance, so why can't she have 7-11? Most of the time laning ends around level 10 or 11 in a duo lane so the enemy always has a more dominant lane phase overall.

If you failed to take advantage of your early game dominance that is your problem. To Morello the support lanes don't always win you just don't always see kill lanes because people in this game complain about the meta if you do not follow it. Jarvan/Leona lane can dominant a support lane but hardly anyone does it.
Ll rather say that at lvl 5 shes already good, but yes, shes really weak in earlier exchanges. Shes weaker lvl 1-2 when u cant engage with minions and not lose, and not good but not that weak playing def lvl 3-4, she can really make up for her weakness and becomes a slow killer due to her insane mana sustain + heal

That being said, i have never ever seen a soraka and said "hell we are screwed", more sees a long term issue with her laning success rate, that might be true, but she doesnt feel op at any moment

Dont really find her that weak in dragon fights, but she is not great either.

Theres a fair number of kill lanes that can counter some meta setups, i love playing zilean + ap tf bot.

HaiImLoki

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
You'll see in the next patch - I think you hit it on the head. Her lack of mana reliance in lane pushes her over the top.

We found a new opportunity to ramp up a couple things on her and fix the problems. It should provide a better lane experience (and more interesting choices) generally.
So wait, you're going to nerf her again? Logic is being made. Leave her alone. Let people ***** and moan about her because they won't adapt or learn to kill her early and often. I've had to adapt with the Soraka stat killing. Why can't they? I was all for the double mana on self cast being removed. Now you want to eliminate this completely? While you still bring out the bull**** true damage concept which makes tanks all but useless?
Logic, it's being made.

Aybara2010

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFxVemosStriker View Post
Btw me and a friend found a counter to this AD carry/support bot meta.... its titled

Leapfrog cadets..
Singed + Volibear.
double toss ftw.
We got a few

Blunt Force Trauma:
Poppy + Taric

Pinball Machine:
Tristana + Alistar

The Floor is Molasses:
Singed + Lux

SufferNot

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baleful Templar View Post
I don't usually post on the forum, but I just wanted to post how I don't think you should be AFRAID to change abilities on champions entirely. If you think Sona's ultimate is a big problem you should do whatever you want to fix it. Champion reworks aren't unheard-of, but I hear a lot of Riot employee posts saying how Sona's ultimate is totally screwed up but being unwilling to change it significantly - that seems weird to me.
As is my understanding, the problem is that Sona is balanced around her ult. Her cc is weaker than Alistar's, her poke is weaker than Janna's, her heal is weaker than Soraka's, her aura is weaker than Taric's (during teamfights where it matters, he's +35 ad/ap and +30 armor to her +20 ad/ap or 15 armor/mres).

But then she has this ult that is pretty darn awesome, which makes up for her shortcomings. It's okay for her to be this well rounded character that doesn't excel at anything compared to the other supports because she can completely turn team fights around.

Or something.

Xypherous posed the question that if Sona's ult were bad, say it only hit people in a line like Janna's Tornado, would anyone pick her? I would because I like her, but without her ult she's pretty weak compared to the others without their ults. Ultless Alistar can still cc, he's just easier to kill. But if he saves the carry, it doesn't matter that he dies. Janna still has her cc and her shield and her slow without her ult, so she is still doing something in teamfights. Soraka can still give someone on her team 125 armor and sustain and more mres than Sona can give. And so on.

Without her ult, Sona's team fight presence is reducing one enemy's damage by 20% and then probably getting exploded so her auras turn off.

Sona is my favorite support. I like the utility of power chords in lane, I like being able to ult in teamfights and turn a fight around, I like the new support items that came out, and I like her initiation and positioning presence through her E and Reverie. I also like her style (I play the violin, so I connect with the whole strings thing). If you guys think you can fix her ult without killing her, then I support that decision. But I would rather have a nerfed Sona than a useless Sona, if you know what I mean >___>

izari

02-09-2012

Are you guys serious?

I get the feeling people most people saying she's OP haven't played her extensively.
And yes, playing a champ you find OP is the BEST thing you can do, because then you learn how to face off against them. I mained Soraka for the 10-20 level bracket and I never have a problem facing off against one now. She is not a problem child at all.

Infuse is not game breaking. The mana return is so measly it hardly makes a difference. I would agree that pre Oct 11 nerf she was OP but the changes they made calmed her down a lot.

This just feels to me like people are too lazy or don't know how to deal with an enemy Sora, but she's easy as hell to counter. Silence her before she silences you, pay attention to her horribly long cooldowns, focus her down and it's GG.
She may be strong early game, but she falls off quick. She's VERY item dependent and if the player is going full support and doing it right, she won't be farming.

If she gets hit with another nerf she'd probably not be viable anymore.

Barcell

02-09-2012

I hate Riot's way of balancing champions is nerfing the good ones instead of buffing the "bad" ones.

adwark

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
You'll see in the next patch - I think you hit it on the head. Her lack of mana reliance in lane pushes her over the top.

We found a new opportunity to ramp up a couple things on her and fix the problems. It should provide a better lane experience (and more interesting choices) generally.
I just hope you dont make her even more anti-fun/burdened by knowledge than she already is.

HaiImLoki

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by izari View Post
Are you guys serious?

I get the feeling people most people saying she's OP haven't played her extensively.

Infuse is not game breaking. The mana return is so measly it hardly makes a difference. I would agree that pre Oct 11 nerf she was OP but the changes they made calmed her down a lot.

This just feels to me like people are too lazy or don't know how to deal with an enemy Sora, but she's easy as hell to counter. Silence her before she silences you, pay attention to her horribly long cooldowns, focus her down and it's GG.
She may be strong early game, but she falls off quick. She's VERY item dependent and if the player is going full support and doing it right, she won't be farming.

If she gets hit with another nerf she'd probably not be viable anymore.
Exactly. 25 mana at level 1? On a high cooldown? (9 seconds for me at level 1). It maxes at 125 mana. On 40% CDR it's 6 second CD. Is that REALLY gamebreaking? Anymore gamebreaking then Vaynes true damage? Or Trynds ult? Come on Morello. You don't think she's broken, you're just appeasing to the QQmmunity. I doubt you've even played Soraka in the past 2 weeks alone.

Longerion

02-09-2012

today i had hard bot lane me as jana kog vs soraka vayne, so we went agresive they surviwed healed up and we were shout donw untill jungler came and let us win, but without it we had no chance ws them after bad start ;/