Morello what is your take on soraka bot lane.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lolki

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
It's not, but that was the day Riot games learned the cost of putting out-of-class abilities (AOE CC) on classes that didn't have access to it.

We won't rip this off her, it's more a thing we have to work with now. Design-wise, it's really sub-optimal, but I think we can manage it.
I wouldn't mind if it got changed to an aoe support ability, like temporary CC immunity, or the application of all her other songs in an aoe. I generally feel that Sona's ult is her least interesting ability...though this may be because I always miss with it >.<

Malgana

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinJaX3er View Post
So in your situation where the team is fleeing because they messed up, sona is going to THEN use her ult, where the whole situation could be avoided when her ult could have been used to initiate instead?

and yes, there are situations where you "save" the champion could you hypothetically do the same thing with a .5 second and a 2 second slow?
That's the exact opposite of what I said.

I'm saying she doesn't have to save her ult for when you're running away because she can just launch it on an enemy team during the initiation of a team fight to prevent a huge amount of damage to her team while giving her allies time to deal theirs.

She's still saving you from damage, even if you're the ones attacking the enemy and not the other way around, which I think is what they want it to be like.

It's like Soraka, your entire team can focus that AD carry and deal some AoE damage to its team giving you a lead in the fight, but then Soraka pops summoner heal and presses R and all that damage is pretty much completely undone, and suddenly the favor is tilted into her teams hands which is a huge problem because now you have one team who is completely out of skills to use while the other is about to launch their full force on them while they're defenseless simply because of ONE persons action.
It's the same kind of deal with Sona, you're about to die and suddenly the entire enemy team is stunned, and the whole fight is turned around by one person.
This really doesn't fit into a "team game" scenario IMO, and should be fixed.

Borigrad

02-09-2012

Quote:
It's not, but that was the day Riot games learned the cost of putting out-of-class abilities (AOE CC) on classes that didn't have access to it.

We won't rip this off her, it's more a thing we have to work with now. Design-wise, it's really sub-optimal, but I think we can manage it.
Why can't you just nerf the Stun duration to be like BlitzCranks Silence? A mini-CC that functions more as interrupt (Ki Strike) then an actually hard CC.

SilentNightSona

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2012

Quote:

At least the ability wasn't put onto a melee DPS.

Seriously though, what I'm most worried about is supports being nerfed in the wrong areas without finding what is the core of their problems. However, I am confident you and the rest of Riot staff know what they are doing when it comes to balancing, even when it takes a few patches to get it near right.

I guess what I'm really asking for is that if a certain mechanic needs changed due to a disruption of the flow of the game, I just hope the the character remains balanced in the end. I guess I can take this patch with a grain of salt for now, and hope for a non-sustain Sona buff in the future.

Amadi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2012

Quote:
Then why is it the heal characters dominate instead of tank/AD kill lanes?
You mean, like Nunu/Kennen AD Bot-healing? Or Alistar/Trist, which is practically a kill lane, or at least they won't win the lane unless they pull a kill or two off. Or, I don't know, Taric used to kill people just fine with Sivir just a few seconds ago. I mean, I suppose you mean Leona/Graves or whatever, but those lanes are mostly redundant as Alistar/Taric do much of Leona's job, and do it almost as well. The heal just puts them over the top.

The main reason why Sona is popular has nothing to do with her heal, but more with the fact that it allows you to stack AoE stuns reliably, and with the fact that her harass wins lanes.

Soraka is the only support that is picked for sustain, and if I'm not mistaken, we haven't seen her a lot in tournaments lately, either.

.. Oh, and you know, tanks need gold to be able to tank midgame. Leona can do well earlygame, but when she ults into 5 guys midgame, she's just going to get mercilessly bursted down if she doesn't have enough items, and those items cost gold. Playing a 0-cs-supportlane, she's most likely to have rank 1 boots, HoG, and Philostone by then. Nevermind that she just can't risk it if she's carrying Oracles.

At least Taric/Alistar have great defensive steroids, and heck, Taric doesn't need to be nearly as suicidal as Leona, either.

Postal Miku

02-09-2012

So i have "heard" that what is happening to Sona is a Aura nerf to her lower level auras, but when that aura skill is level 5, it will still give its current level 5 value
Basically she will be weaker early game, but the exact same lategame
this true? because i guess that is just fine with me, keeps people off Sonas back.

SilentNightSona

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatesuneFukyu View Post
So i have "heard" that what is happening to Sona is a Aura and passive nerf what buffs out to her normal values at the level 5 of those skills

this true? because i guess that is just fine with me, keeps people off Sonas back.
Sorry, can you reword that first statement? I can't quite understand it. (Not trolling, actually serious)

EDIT: Thank you kind sir :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotdogs View Post
like wukong?
Well, ya got me.

Postal Miku

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterwcer View Post
Sorry, can you reword that first statement? I can't quite understand it. (Not trolling, actually serious)

Well, ya got me.
there reworded, i was busy getting invaded on dark souls so i just want postal on my keyboard

ZetsubouFallen

02-09-2012

Quote:
We nerfed Tryndamere. We nerf a lot of champions.
When you make a champion with a broken set, no nerf will save him from being broken (this same happens to irelia who even after nerf and nerf its still broken due to its kit).

Khansaa

02-09-2012

Why not make it so when a unit is healed (by a skill) it will heal based on the % hp missing, and not a flat ammount?
It would, if said unit is very low on health, heal more than a flat amount, but that would leave the question:
"Should i keep healing him now and be oom soon or should i save it and let him lose a little more health?"
This way you (as the bot ad carry/support) could just stun the healer and kill the enemy carry, since it should have 1/2 hp half the laning phase.