Sejuani - League Judgement

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MajesticRaven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2012

Observation

Ice formed across the ground as Sejuani approached the door to the Reflecting Chamber. 'The truest opponent lies within' was engraved into the wall, and the Winter's Wrath scoffed.

This was hardly a true statement, and she pushed hard against the doors.

Reflection

Harsh winds sprang from the room as Sejuani stepped forward, only for her foot to sink into several inches of snow. She flinched, not expected such conditions to be replicated inside of the Institute. Smirking as she stood firm against the otherwise fatal temperature, Sejani marched forward towards what appeared to be a number of huts in a blizzard.

Stepping into the camp faces looked up at her. Worn and desperate people surrounded her. If the warrior didn't know any better, she would have said that they had lost hope.

This was not the case, in her eyes that is. Soon, joy would be spread through her village, and the faces would be warm and cheery. Several children off to the side were fighting over a small piece of meat and she clenched her fist. Why was she being tortured with these images...

With a blinding whirlwind the scenery changed. Before her was her sister Ashe, walking from the same doors that Sejuani had just entered. This was not a memory...

Ashe was putting her bow back around her arm and she smiled widely at Sejuani. "I've done it! Acceptance into the League. Soon...soon sister, peace will be brought to our barbaric land."

"Peace..." Sejuani's eye twitched and she grabbed Ashe's arm before she could pass by, squeezing enough to make an impression, but without bringing harm upon her. "Do you really think that we can have peace? Wars have left villages scattered, weak, hungry, and without hope. Only through power can our tribes have an understanding."

Ashe yanked her arm out of Sejuani's grip, a small layer of ice had formed on her skin. "Do you really think that continuing to have wars, that we can somehow end suffering? If we have peace, then no more will die without cause, over problems such as resources and land. We can be as one."

Sejuani spit at the feet of her sister. "Without the ability to fight for resources, the settlements that have control of the food supplies, with only grow in power, while the weaker tribes will have no way to fight for the essentials. The strong will become stronger, while the weak will die out."

Ashe shook her head. "Why do you want to join the League sister?"

"To prevent you from letting the weaker tribes die, simply to keep the balance of power the way it is. While your people are eating comfortably and warm, tribes such as my own are starving, and the bodies only continue to pile up. If your image of peace comes to be, then the people I have spent my life fighting for, will all die, my efforts in vein." Sejuani was shaking with anger, and it was if the ice warrior was on fire.

Ashe simply walked away as the doors shifted to larger, more glorious gates that led to the League. A single voice echoed through the chamber.

"How does it feel exposing your mind?"

Sejauni calmed her body and cooled down as she headed towards the open gates. "No comparison to how it will feel defeating my sister." With her leaving, the temperature had returned to normal, and the ice melted away.

Rinnecat

02-10-2012

I'm writing a League Judgment of my own as part of my origin story for Sejuani.

If I may offer a pointer, the League Judgments typically make the champion come to terms with the true reason they joined the League, and not the one given.

Yes, Sejuani may be motivated politically, but why is she really there? Given your story, I would say your view on Sejuani is that she's jealous of Ashe's success or status. Coming to grips with that is the point of the League Judgments.

Don't let me discourage you. I like your view on her, but the point of these judgments is to go deeper than the surface.

And as a minor nitpick, Sejuani and Ashe aren't sisters by blood. Their relationship is probably best described as a sibling rivalry, though, so I understand where you're coming from.

MajesticRaven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2012

I actually realized that as I wrote it and was nearing the end, but I couldn't really think of any -deeper- reason than the determination to destroy Ashe.

I must've durped when I thought they were sisters, I always remember Ashe having those two sisters, and everyone thought Sejuani was Ashe's sister, and I was really tired when I put this together ^_^"

Thanks for the critique.

Rinnecat

02-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajesticRaven View Post
I must've durped when I thought they were sisters.
Nah, I keep thinking of them as sisters too for the thing I'm writing.

Sarkan of Arkham

02-11-2012

To be fair, the lore for them does use the word "sisters", so if you were skimming it it's an understandable mistake. They are actually the descendants of the three sisters. Close enough IMO though.