Every Scrim I See CLG Lose Seems To Be Doublelift

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Super Explosion

02-07-2012

Watching him very closely, and his decision making seems really strange.

Edit: Does not buy immediately after baron, unprepared when team pushing mid. (Huge.)
Argues with team about it.

Edit: Face checks Dragon bush on the AD carry, gets caught, ruins team position. (Huge.)
Argues with team about it, saying "I wasn't scared", implys that the play was 'fine' because his team saved him.

On Vayne, constantly interrupts Silver Bolts combo by changing targets. [CLG vs v8, Feb ~6, had Irelia dead a few times. Didn't maintain focus.]

Tries to counterjungle enemy red without telling anyone on his team.

Doesn't know when enemy can force dragon fight, stays in lane low health.

Dies in lane with doublekill bot, at least twice (separate games).

Fails to rightclick with Graves-- runs up, buckshot, then runs away.
Happens on Ezreal too, a lot of hesitation.

Doing redbuff while inhib being pushed, doesn't tell or ask team.

Ults on Vayne and Sivir for no reason in non-engage position, then doesn't have it for fight later. [11:00, CLG vs EG 2, Feb 7-8, Vayne]

Underuse of traps on Cait. (Please use them to brush check, too.)
(Missed level 1 kill on Sivir by not laying trap ahead of her while autoattacking. Didn't flash for it, either.)

Not using Headshot to harass.

Takes a lot of free tower hits on Cait, covered only by heals.

Overextends under enemy tower waiting for creep wave, except he has no ward in tribrush, doesn't trap it either, and dies.

Not huge, but not smartcasting things like Cait net or Corki valkyrie is a half second more that Shyvana has to kill you.

Very very slow to follow team into dives. That Vlad lived a lot longer than he should have.

And will argue anything even slightly bad about his play into the ground: Someone has to say "look, I don't care what you say, I have the evidence here" for him to admit it.

Yes, saintvicious makes hyperagressive plays, yes jiji misses CS, but it really seems like they're lacking a huge amount of damage and pressure from bot lane.

(On that last EG scrim: He is capable of taking advantage of a winning game well, and can mechanically juke and kite well, but getting the game to that position without a lot of jungle help or TF-level ganks from mid seems like it doesn't happen.)

(Why post on Doublelift? Because the other CLG players are fairly zealous about improving their skills, and play a huge amount of games to do just that. Doublelift seems not to take it as seriously, especially with literally hundreds of games played less than the other members, at least on his main.)

Intelligently

02-07-2012

stfu and replace him then.

Sillylaces

02-07-2012

3/10, but only because not wall of text.

Popcorn Lover

02-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
On Vayne, constantly interrupts Silver Bolts combo by changing targets.
stopped reading and downvoted right there

Dark Amumu Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2012

If he wasn't good enough to be on the team, I don't think CLG would have taken him on.

Dragonsafe

02-07-2012

Interesting. The fact still remains he is probably the best vayne and best cait player in the game.

MandyMemory

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
Not huge, but not smartcasting things like Cait net or Corki valkyrie is a half second more that Shyvana has to kill you.
Smart casting is strange.

It's rarely used under 1200 Elo, or over 1800.

So really complaining that someone doesn't smartcast is calling them either really bad, or really good. Since he isn't under 1200...

Super Explosion

02-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyMemory View Post
Smart casting is strange.

It's rarely used under 1200 Elo, or over 1800.

So really complaining that someone doesn't smartcast is calling them either really bad, or really good. Since he isn't under 1200...
As I said, it's not huge, but it is still a half second delay on escape skills.

Vanblod

02-07-2012

Smart-casting is preference I think, I can easily hit qwer and click at the same time, sometimes I just want to see the **** range. and if I really REALLY need to smart cast... shift will always be there, waiting.

lazydot

02-08-2012

I was watching doublelift before he had joined CLG and I must say he was way more better/amazing/interesting to watch back then (he was 1 of my fav. streamers).

1) There were no team mates raging at him like 95% of the time for no reason or pointing out dumb/wrong arguments to be able to rage at him (like saint...).
2) Thus his morale was better.
3) He had time to explain why he would make this or that play and telling why something he/enemy did was wrong, etc.
4) He would play better overall.

IMHO, he as a player by itself is way above anyone on CLG, but he kinda can't handle permanent rage or do good while being raged at and doesn't fit into team comp or the team doesn't fit to his play style.

In Solo Que, he would dominate everything like 90-95% of the time and have well deserved lead role in the team and thus his team would try to protect/support him, but in CLG's team its kinda not the case, which also weakens his general play.