Itemization for AD casters?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

v4v3nd3774

02-09-2012

For AD casters, you're 100% right, there's just not much to choose from to itemize flat AD cdr and possibly vamp. Stacking yomuus then bruta can be bad on some AD casters, like Urgot, simply because you don't use the crit much and you gain so little for literally double the price(1377 to 2687 IIRC). All you can do is build bruta, +AD and defensive items with cdr in them. Things like Hexdrinker are not very efficient, LW is great but we're really in need of a BFsword based cdr item.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

02-09-2012

Urgot I'm never sure what to get. He has so much range that I feel safe going glass cannon on him. I don't want crit. Lifesteal isn't that important. All I want is cdr and AD.

AbsolutePK

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R View Post
Urgot I'm never sure what to get. He has so much range that I feel safe going glass cannon on him. I don't want crit. Lifesteal isn't that important. All I want is cdr and AD.
Lucidity, Ghostblade, Brutalizer, Glacial Shroud, BF sword, BF sword.

Kindlegem for Shurelya's could be good, in place of Glacial Shroud. Not sure how mp/5 would stack up vs flat mana as Urgot since I only play him a few times over free weeks. Even then it's just 15 mp/5.

I would probably do something like Lucidity, Manamune, Brutalizer, TF, Sanguine. But like I said I'm not familiar with Urgot.

Melvear

02-09-2012

I just don't see the point of building mallet on a champion like pantheon. You don't want to be stuck in melee range too long once you've gone through QWEQ, and Q doesn't apply the effect like Ezrael's Q or GP's Parrrley. The health is good but I find if I stay too long in a fight I go oom anyway, which is in part why I like to get glacial->FH. CDR allows me to get more combos and also gives me the mana to last longer.
Prospector, brut, mercs, FH, hexdrinker and if possible trinity seems like a better build to me. With armor/MR runes, you get good resistances and damage while capping cdr, meaning more stuns (and passive procs) which also turn into survivability.

I can see the point of mallet on champs like jarvan and wukong though, just not pantheon or talon.

Dark Magician

02-09-2012

yeah i would go trinity over mallet and FH over atmog

Nny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvear View Post
I just don't see the point of building mallet on a champion like pantheon. You don't want to be stuck in melee range too long once you've gone through QWEQ, and Q doesn't apply the effect like Ezrael's Q or GP's Parrrley. The health is good but I find if I stay too long in a fight I go oom anyway, which is in part why I like to get glacial->FH. CDR allows me to get more combos and also gives me the mana to last longer.
Prospector, brut, mercs, FH, hexdrinker and if possible trinity seems like a better build to me. With armor/MR runes, you get good resistances and damage while capping cdr, meaning more stuns (and passive procs) which also turn into survivability.

I can see the point of mallet on champs like jarvan and wukong though, just not pantheon or talon.
Mallet is the last item I get as Pantheon. Giant's Belt is too good to give up, and I'll then build it into a Frozen Mallet if the game goes on that long (It normally doesn't)

The exception is if they're basically full AD/AP, then I'd skip HP and just stack AR/MR.

Ppvkignx

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R View Post
I like going:

manamune > cdr boots > brutalizer > last whisper > gunblade > entropy

You only need 25% CDR for 4 locked on acid hunters. Extra CDR doesn't really increase your damage.

v4v3nd3774

02-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ppvkignx View Post
I like going:

manamune > cdr boots > brutalizer > last whisper > gunblade > entropy

You only need 25% CDR for 4 locked on acid hunters. Extra CDR doesn't really increase your damage.
It's actually more like 27%-28% to allow for latency and human error. You can get 5locks with 40% cdr, but the room for error is only .2seconds which makes it very very hard(I wouldn't recommend it).

GeneralStan

02-10-2012

For Pantheon:
Boots + Prospector's Blade
Brutalizer
BF Sword
LW

Toss in a hexdrinker if you feel the need for the MR/shield (its a nifty all around item, though not slot effecient), finish mercs somewhere in there.

Redenbacher

02-10-2012

My Pantheon build is similar...

Boots + Prospector's Blade
Brutalizer
Phage
Then stack BF Swords unless forced to upgrade or build survivability. One of those becomes Entropy.

Hexdrinker or Odin's Veil for MR. Glacial Shroud for Armor (CDR is an offensive stat).

Why stack BF Swords? Because the extra bonuses on the BF upgrades aren't worth the investment. You don't need crit, lifesteal, AS... just raw AD. Another BF Sword is the most efficient way to do that.