Itemization for AD casters?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2012

Entrophy has gotta be in there somewhere (for most of them)

Bonabon

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaladilae View Post
Entrophy has gotta be in there somewhere (for most of them)
The problem is that it's ridiculously expensive.

BigDaddyDelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2012

On Riven I typically start with Prospector's Blade and then build Brutalizer.

After that, I typically like to build Entropy. It works pretty **** well with ad casters if you ask me because you get a guaranteed slow when activated, a nice hp buffer, tons of flat ad for your spells to scale on, and bonus true damage of which you can re-apply between spells. Then after that I typically get Atma's because with my hp/lvl yellows and going 21/9/0 I typically sit on just shy of 3000 hp, and you get some nice stats off of it.

Though Riven is admittedly auto-attack heavy too. Still though, it's a decent build that has gotten me pretty far. I do this for Lee Sin too and I've had a lot of success with it.

Yaladilae

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyRelish View Post
On Riven I typically start with Prospector's Blade and then build Brutalizer.

After that, I typically like to build Entropy. It works pretty **** well with ad casters if you ask me because you get a guaranteed slow when activated, a nice hp buffer, tons of flat ad for your spells to scale on, and bonus true damage of which you can re-apply between spells. Then after that I typically get Atma's because with my hp/lvl yellows and going 21/9/0 I typically sit on just shy of 3000 hp, and you get some nice stats off of it.

Though Riven is admittedly auto-attack heavy too. Still though, it's a decent build that has gotten me pretty far. I do this for Lee Sin too and I've had a lot of success with it.
Do you use hexdrinker? I think its such an awesome item personally, esp. 99% of the time your boot is CDR boots so you need MR from somewhere

BigDaddyDelish

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonabon View Post
The problem is that it's ridiculously expensive.
It is expensive, but you can typically get it at a more than reasonable point in the match provided you aren't sucking a fat one.

Even then, you'll still get it pretty much 100% of the time if you get it as your first big item.

Makestro

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrYoS View Post
For Panth I go with the items listed below. The core almost always stays the same. Sometimes I may need armor or MR though, so I may buy differently if needed.

Core:
Prospector's Blade
T1 boots
2x health pot
Brutalizer
T2 boots (varies, depending on game)
Phage
Giants Belt
Frozen Mallet
Atma's Impaler

Situational:
Youmu's Ghostblade
Hexdrinker
Last Whisper
Thornmail
IE
Sanguine Blade
You build ad casters a lot like I do. Although I wont deny I'm average at best with ad casters(imo), and I say that because out of everything I've been shut down and just dominated with them more than any other kind of champion. I judge myself pretty hard though when I do bad.... so maybe I'm biased since I beat myself up really hard when I have a bad game.

Cauldrath

02-09-2012

The problem with Hexdrinker is that it leaves you with the question of what to build for armor if you aren't grabbing Atma's. If you're playing a mana-less AD caster, your armor options aren't exactly great. It's also another mid-cost option when there are so few good high-cost options and so many good mid-cost options that slots are more a limiter than cost. For Riven, this is why I buy Aegis, so I can get armor and mr in one slot, and why I only buy Prospector's if I think the game is enough of a stomp that I won't fill my slots anyway.

I would love for my build to be Brutalizer, Merc Treads, Kindlegem, Chain Vest, Hexdrinker, Vamp Scepter, Entropy, Last Whisper, Prospector's, which is on the edge of being reasonable late game at 14527, but it's 9 slots. Or, for around the same price, Brutalizer, Ionion Boots, and 7 BF swords for that 340 bonus AD and 520 health shields every 3.6 seconds while my basic attacks do 613 damage. Same problem.

AbsolutePK

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauldrath View Post
The problem with Hexdrinker is that it leaves you with the question of what to build for armor if you aren't grabbing Atma's. If you're playing a mana-less AD caster, your armor options aren't exactly great. It's also another mid-cost option when there are so few good high-cost options and so many good mid-cost options that slots are more a limiter than cost. For Riven, this is why I buy Aegis, so I can get armor and mr in one slot, and why I only buy Prospector's if I think the game is enough of a stomp that I won't fill my slots anyway.
Thornmail, Aegis, Randuins (seems to be overlooked a whole lot), Guardian Angel, Sunfire Cape.

The only things excluded are Glacial Shroud/Frozen Heart, Emblem of Valor/Locket, Ninja Tabi, and Hourglass.

Indeed slots area limited. That's kind of the point of only having 6. More like 5 since boots are pretty much mandatory. That's the point of thinking out item builds.

One day RIOT will be adding a whole slew of new items, just you wait. But I do think Hexdrinker is fairly weak as a damage item, and is a great defensive item. Wish there was an AP version with that proc. Abyssal Scepter is nice though.

lbgsloan

02-09-2012

Quote:
Is Atmogs good on SR?
Yes, it's arguably the strongest overall item combo for any melee not named Tryn, Riven, or Udyr. Even Yi is advised to build it these days.

On Dominion for Panth I usually go:
Prospector's
Boots
Brutalizer
CDR Boots

Then from there, depending on team comp, I will build some combination of: Entropy, Aegis, Hexdrinker, Atma's, finish Ghostblade.

K J

02-09-2012

Crystal Longsword Boots
Phage
BF Sword
BF Sword
BF Sword
BF Sword
FMallet
Upgrade BF Swords

Choice boots. Upgrade mallet when you need the hp, and you can replace BF swords with more survival oriented items if needed.