Itemization for AD casters?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

02-08-2012

I don't understand how to build them past prospectors + brutalizer since there aren't many items designed for AD casters. What are some standard build guidelines?

I always get a brutalizer. If the enemy stacks armor I get a Last Whisper. If I need mr I get a hexdrinker. I generally get cdr boots. I've started stacking ghost blade and brutalizer, but I'm not sure if that is money efficient. Sometimes I get hextech revolver -> gunblade, for the spell vamp and active, but many of these stats are wasted. If I need defense I get an Aegis since it is very cost effective.

Melvear

02-08-2012

Generally my build for Talon is Prospector, brutalizer, cdr boots, BFS, BFS, BFS. Substitute a BFS for a LW if they are building armor. If you get extra money past this, IE is generally your best upgrade.

On Pantheon I usually build a glacial shroud and merc instead of cdr boots. He's in the thick of things more than Talon so I feel he needs to be tankier.

Atma is often a good choice as well, even without stacking hp. You'll get at least 40 AD from it, making it fairly efficient considering the other stats you get on top of the AD.

Also, many of them work well with trinity. It's a big chunk of gold but it's a pretty badass item too.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

02-08-2012

boots, ruby, long sword
long sword, long sword, long sword
phage
long sword
brutalizer
cdr boots
long sword
hexdrinker
long sword
youmu's
second brutalizer
last whisper maybe
entropy or fmallet i dunno

DivineBovine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2012

For my main AD Caster, panth, I go
at start

prospectors sword
t1 boots +2 health pots

Merc Treads if there is alot of cc/Ap damage, Ninja Tabi for Auto Attackers

Phage----> Eventually into Mallet

Hexdrinker if more AP than AD, Frozen Mallet otherwise

Atma's Regardless of enemy team makeup.

Zeke's Herald: synergizes well with Atma and more CDR is always welcome on Panth

If Zeke's is not last item, then build a defensive item suited for the enemy team.

Phourc

02-08-2012

I go prospectors, merc treads, brutalizer, hexdrinker, glacial shroud (FH if I got time/money/AD enemies), Sangine Blade or Last Whisper depending on how much armor I'm facing.

If I have time I'll sell prospectors and buy a Mallet but most likely I'll just sit on a giant's belt for the last fight or two. Good mix of AD/CDR and tanky stats.

KrYoS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2012

For Panth I go with the items listed below. The core almost always stays the same. Sometimes I may need armor or MR though, so I may buy differently if needed.

Core:
Prospector's Blade
T1 boots
2x health pot
Brutalizer
T2 boots (varies, depending on game)
Phage
Giants Belt
Frozen Mallet
Atma's Impaler

Situational:
Youmu's Ghostblade
Hexdrinker
Last Whisper
Thornmail
IE
Sanguine Blade

AbsolutePK

02-08-2012

For Panth I generall go:

Base Boots, Long Swordx2 -> Boots of Mobility -> Brutalizer -> Phage -> Sheen -> Atma's -> Frozen Mallet

Games don't generally last much longer than that for me to build any more items, but if they do I finish up a Trinity Force by getting a Zeal first, then finishing TF with the already owned Sheen.

Sometimes I start with boots and Prospector's, or I throw prospector's in somewhere between Brutalizer and Phage depending on how I'm getting targeted or the enemy starting line-up if I'd need the extra HP at the start.

I've been thinking of trying out Irelia lately so any info I can get on building her would be great.

Sheen should be largely important on quite a few AD casters since it's generally the only mana item they'll ever buy, if not more of a core item than Brutalizer. Except for the champions that don't run off mana of course.

Phourc

02-08-2012

So many atmallets, is it really such a good combo?

AD and HP are good, Mallet passive is alright (honestly I like letting them run away through my E, because after another Q I don't really have much to hit them with), the armor is good but doesn't go up after combining and the crit is almost completely wasted on Pantheon...

I'd pick up a few wasted stats for CDR *cough* mana *cough* but there's plenty of better ways to get AD...

AbsolutePK

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
So many atmallets, is it really such a good combo?

AD and HP are good, Mallet passive is alright (honestly I like letting them run away through my E, because after another Q I don't really have much to hit them with), the armor is good but doesn't go up after combining and the crit is almost completely wasted on Pantheon...

I'd pick up a few wasted stats for CDR *cough* mana *cough* but there's plenty of better ways to get AD...
Is Atmogs good on SR?

Phourc

02-08-2012

For Panth? Not so much... I always went manamune and stacked BF swords xP