Energy Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SleepyDeath

02-08-2012

When playing as a ninja/lee sin, is it worth it to buy a whole new set of energy based runes, or will a regular rune page work just as well?

also, if its worth it to invest in energy runes, is it better to increase your max energy, or to invest in energy regen?

-Thanks for your help!

Gnarkill1

02-08-2012

Great question! I have wondered the same myself. Eager to see some responses for this.

Rotzby

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2012

i wouldn't go with energy regeneration because that's not really a problem with most energy champions due to the fact the regeneration is fast enough as it is, and there is always blue even though the chances of you needing it the most on the team are slim. Also the max energy runes aren't as bad but MOST of the time it is much more efficient to just go with regular runes and increase other stats because even if you get the max energy runes it still doesn't make really a huge noticeable difference in my opinion.

YourPalMal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2012

Unless you're shen the energy regen thing is not usually a problem. Your energy problems are usually because of its pool limit and energy regen won't really solve this. If you're good you almost don't even have to worry about your energy on certain champs. Either way you're better off using the rune space for something else.

SleepyDeath

02-08-2012

so what i'm hearing is don't waste ip/rune space on energy based runes. Thank you all for your input. I havent played energy based heroes much and was really confused on what to do.

FluffySheep222

02-08-2012

Don't bother with it, it has minuscule advantages in comparison to other runes, at least from what I've seen.

Big Bang Typhoon

02-08-2012

For MOST energy champions I find cooldowns to be the problem, not energy. The notable exception would probably be maximum energy on shen being useful so you could dash twice.

Brosepius Maxim

04-14-2013

I watch a lot of ranked matches and one of the things i see the most is all energy based champions being fairly burst based. Their damage or utility seems balanced....so there is no specific issue with the champion itself, but the potential danger in having a much larger energy pool or energy regen could force those champions to change their basis for ability use. Think of it like making a rune that only champions with the "fear" ability could use, then improve that ability. On a champ such as Lee Sin .... he could literally spam his Q and E for ages never even dropping his pool and dealing insane damage until he needed to slow an opponent down and eventually run or what ever. As it stands....he appears to be able to use his abilities based on rotation....maybe...maybe get 1 more ability use out and get out before he begins to take too much damage in most team fights. By design though, his job is usually done by then. Poke.... slow.... separate...return...all the while using shields to protect himself and the best finisher in your comp.

Energy runes could be useful if you wanted to try a different play style on your champs, but think of their design purpose before you decide to sink that IP.