Do we want Ranked Dominion?

No, I don't think it should ever be a competitive ranked option... leave it for the kids. 51 12.44%
I don't really care. 27 6.59%
Maybe in the future, but it needs a lot of changes and/or balancing. 99 24.15%
Yes, this should be a top priority- we need another elo option out there. 233 56.83%
Voters: 410. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Should we have Ranked Dominion?

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DannyTudor

Recruiter

02-08-2012

Ranked team Dominion might be interesting. Solo queue just seems like a waste of time. With no inbuilt system of communication (such as voice chat or chat binds) I don't really see how 5 random people can play a game mode based so heavily around outmaneuvering your opponent competitively.

DishSoap

02-08-2012

I'd think it would be interesting to see the results of it but, it shouldn't be top priority or anything like that.

Blazing Pascal

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyTudor View Post
Ranked team Dominion might be interesting. Solo queue just seems like a waste of time. With no inbuilt system of communication (such as voice chat or chat binds) I don't really see how 5 random people can play a game mode based so heavily around outmaneuvering your opponent competitively.
There is some truth to this... I have noticed it is MUCH harder to type in the flow of a dominion game, and it is much faster.

However, you are still 20% of your team, and I think "outmaneuvering your opponent competitively" and quickly responding to a teammates decision is part of what makes it fun and shows your skill.

Do I help him sneak across and try steal that point and create distraction? Or is he being an idiot, and I should join the others in this fight? defend, etc etc.

Right decisions would generally payoff and show in your elo.

AsherSlasher

02-08-2012

This might make dominion less boring, and a incentive for people to play it... but it really needs balancing.... but it shouldn't interfere with summoners rift balancing... maybe different stats for champs in each map?... thats a lot of work lol

The Codyman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2012

I always get a laugh out of people that say "high elo dominion" so if it does go ranked that stupid comment will mean something.

Jaghut Tyrant

02-08-2012

I'd love to see this happen. I'd play dominion much more, and it'd really liven up the dominion scene. +1 !!!

EDIT: I wanna add that alot of the people that are choosing option 1 on the poll probably don't play Dominion at all. Just sayin.

Vanra

02-08-2012

We shouldn't, because:
A) Only about 30 people play Dominion, myself included, so what's the point?
B) Every match would be the same pool of about 20 champions (after Rammus, Shaco, Kassadin, Riven, Wukong and Pantheon are banned).

Apple Pie Yumm

02-08-2012

The nature of dominion makes it so imbalanced its laughable. Balancing Dominion would cause summoner's rift to become imbalanced, and a balance change would be the only thing that would make dominion even remotely close to viable as a competitive game type. I go to dominion when im bored and/or want to play a stupid troll build with a random champion, eg ad sona, ap shaco, etc. Dominion requires little to no skill to win since laning is pathetically stupid and 99% of the time the game comes down to how quickly your champion can burst down the other, hence champions like leblanc, akali, Max crit GP, etc are all extraordinarily strong in dominion, and utility champions are useless, eg 90% of ap carries (ones with aoe damage + cc), all supports when used as a support, etc. This would be rediculous to actually balance, and would ruin summoners rift so that you and the other 20 people who want this gametype to be competitive could be happy.

Blazing Pascal

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanra View Post
We shouldn't, because:
A) Only about 30 people play Dominion, myself included, so what's the point?
B) Every match would be the same pool of about 20 champions (after Rammus, Shaco, Kassadin, Riven, Wukong and Pantheon are banned).
A) That is my point
B) This is true of SR ranked as well... just to a lesser extent. But there are a lot more than 20 viable champs on dominion- there are just a lot more non-viables. But if you think about it, some of the non-viable SR champs work much better on dominion.

Tenant

Friend of Urf

02-08-2012

For Dominion to really take off, it's gonna need Ranked.

From that, people will have a reason to be competitive and actually analyze the game mode much more critically.

123456 ... 8