Do we want Ranked Dominion?

No, I don't think it should ever be a competitive ranked option... leave it for the kids. 51 12.44%
I don't really care. 27 6.59%
Maybe in the future, but it needs a lot of changes and/or balancing. 99 24.15%
Yes, this should be a top priority- we need another elo option out there. 233 56.83%
Voters: 410. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Should we have Ranked Dominion?

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blazing Pascal

Senior Member

02-07-2012

Edit: COMMUNITY- Please help me move threads like this OUT of the "recycle bin"!!!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1851455


Edit: @Riot- Please put this back in General Discussion... I made this poll for people like me who play SR and wanted feedback from the "General" LoL community, which we were getting. Moving my thread seems like an attempt to avoid the issue and silence my voice in the community. I do not appreciate it and would be very grateful if you would put it back. Thanks.



Do you remember Dominion Beta? That was the one (and only) time that I ever played at work... I remember beta opened up, and I had a 30 min break... and games were ~20. I was so excited, so I quickly busted out my laptop... it went 27min; I still have my job... good times.

What happened to all that hype? I play 3's more than dominion now... I sometimes forget its even a part of the game to be honest, and the reason (for me at least) is because there is no Ranked Dominion. Which means, there is nothing to aspire to with it in its current state. I have played it again from time to time, and I DO really enjoy the games, but after its over its like "well I should probably go play some real games now.

I have found (and many agree) that people who play alot of dominion games are being viewed as more "noob" because of this. Kinda like seeing a match history filled with a bunch of co-op vs ai. I am not saying I believe this myself, but I agree it is tending to be viewed that way by the majority (and you know I am right).

Why is this a problem? Because every day Dominion is not Ranked, it loses a little more of that "buzz" we all had for it. Riot had me so excited for this game mode... I thought it was "doubling the awesomeness" of LoL when it came out, and I was looking forward to mastering builds/strategies for it, and started to do so... but then it just fizzled. I have literally hundreds of friends on my list, and average 40-50 online any given night, I get invited to tons of different games, and I think less than 1% are dominion now :/

no one cares...

make it ranked... we want to care again.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidFlux View Post
Yes because it opens the way for different kinds or players to be pro at a different type of game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenant View Post
For Dominion to really take off, it's gonna need Ranked.

From that, people will have a reason to be competitive and actually analyze the game mode much more critically.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShantyKing View Post
I agree. Whether or not it's perfectly balanced. Ranked SR began when there were hordes of OP champions and the jungle, and the neutral buffs, were completely different than they are now -- and even now it probably isn't perfectly balanced.

Ranked Dominion will not only give an exciting competitive option for players who love it (like myself), but will also certain serve to expose it's flaws by encouraging players to find what's strongest on the map.

One of the reasons I've quit playing Dominion much, also, is because most people don't take it seriously. It'd be really fun to have full teams of people that are really try-harding.

It can't hurt, that's for sure. So, yes. Please, this, yes.

P.S. Ban Rammus
Please help me keep this bumped if you agree.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VCR Molester

Member

02-07-2012

dominion is really borring


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blazing Pascal

Senior Member

02-07-2012

reserving first

edit: ninja'd

Problems I forsee people might have: Some champs are too powerful etc.

My answer: Then ban them or pick them like you do in RANKED! Make it a competitive option and it will become fun again... even normals become more fun because you are at least practicing for a reason now.

I was searching for a poll/thread similar to this, and the last one with any real merit was back in Nov (it had a red too... Ricklessabandon). The slight majority in that one thought it should go ranked soon... i figured it was time to check again.

Edit2: Found his post- Nov 24 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
speaking from my own experiences with dominion, i think there is still value in holding off from turning on ranked. in dominion's pre-season, it is a lot easier to make changes that could affect how the game is played.

also, even though there have been some great changes for dominion over the last few patches, i still feel that there are a few things left to shore up. they might be minor in the grand scheme of things, but i really feel that it's best for dominion and its players (myself included) if we give it a little more time.

there is a very obvious benefit in having a separate 'competitive' queue and displaying elo for that queue, and i don't think anyone is saying otherwise, but adding ranked dominion is a significant addition. we need to be sure that dominion is not just ready to start down that path, but able to continue making strides in that direction ad infinitum.

again, that's just my personal view as someone that takes dominion quite seriously (and has a lot of fun while doing so).
"...i really feel that it's best for dominion and its players (myself included) if we give it a little more time."

Has it been enough time yet? I appreciate his honest response, and may (probably not) have even agreed with it on Nov 24 last year. I wonder if he still feels this way? I personally feel that at this point, time is what is hurting it. I think they should have really pushed for ranked as quick as they could while they had the hype still, even if it had a rough start balance-wise I think it would have been worth it. We were so amped for it... now when you say "Dominion: A New Game Mode!!!" people laugh. It makes me sad.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShantyKing

Senior Member

02-07-2012

I agree. Whether or not it's perfectly balanced. Ranked SR began when there were hordes of OP champions and the jungle, and the neutral buffs, were completely different than they are now -- and even now it probably isn't perfectly balanced.

Ranked Dominion will not only give an exciting competitive option for players who love it (like myself), but will also certain serve to expose it's flaws by encouraging players to find what's strongest on the map.

One of the reasons I've quit playing Dominion much, also, is because most people don't take it seriously. It'd be really fun to have full teams of people that are really try-harding.

It can't hurt, that's for sure. So, yes. Please, this, yes.

P.S. Ban Rammus


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blazing Pascal

Senior Member

02-07-2012

bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LucidFlux

Senior Member

02-07-2012

Yes because it opens the way for different kinds or players to be pro at a different type of game.

Also I find that people tend to play one or the other, people that are really good at SR get mad and rage that Dom is unbalanced because they don't understand that it is a different game and has different rules and visa versa. I think it would only be fair for Dom player to have a ranked option also.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Autymn

Senior Member

02-07-2012

Would only be viable if it were ranked 5's dominion. Currently dominion is 'pick the op dominion champs, run around kill people'.
If it were arranged 5's people could actually include strategy into it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LucidFlux

Senior Member

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autymn View Post
Would only be viable if it were ranked 5's dominion. Currently dominion is 'pick the op dominion champs, run around kill people'.
If it were arranged 5's people could actually include strategy into it.
I think just having skilled players would make the difference. I've seen very odd picks shut down what are considered the OP champions on Dom. Champs like Amumu, Ez, Nid, and even annie can own if they are really good with their characters.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blazing Pascal

Senior Member

02-08-2012

^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blazing Pascal

Senior Member

02-08-2012

bump


12345 ... 8