"I've spent too much money to be banned!" Oh... really?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

magooomba

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirls View Post
bad publicity, most small claim issues can be suppressed rather well, but if you actually sue a corporation for several thousand dollars then it can be drawn out and the fact that someone lost a few grand because he behaved badly is just absurd: a few thousand isn't just some monthly allowance, it's a matter of lifestyle, you don't take that away because they were 'ban' worthy. You twist that into a critique on Riot that's publicly accessible and all of a sudden they're out tens of thousands of dollars.

edit: mind you, I'm not debating your 5 HE points.
"If you actually sue a corporation" is a huge "if" in terms of time, money, and legal resources. You do realize, of course, that you've already agreed that all legal matters will take place in Delaware, don't you? So, if you'd seriously like to sue Riot for even the thousand dollars you use in your example by spending literally tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars (plus Riot's legal fees once you lose, another thing you've already agreed to) plus spend months in Delaware attempting to sue them just to have your motion denied because it's a valid contract, go ahead.

CastTech

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyAlive View Post
People got banned before the Tribunal as well. It just didn't have a face that the suspended players could put the blame on.
Actually not for the same reason because i have never changed my gameplay and only until 3-4 month i'm already reported for nothing and banned by high reputation native player.

I have always played at the same way before and after. Why i play 1 years and more without report and by magic i got some report and my file are full of YES ....

All was fine until this tribunale come out. Because they don't have enough personal to work for this. They prefer give the work to coomunoty and get more money with less manual worker

They show all GOld / player / Tribunal vote points but not the Money they did lol.

Remember the post of numbers top ?

Squirls

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by magooomba View Post
"If you actually sue a corporation" is a huge "if" in terms of time, money, and legal resources. You do realize, of course, that you've already agreed that all legal matters will take place in Delaware, don't you? So, if you'd seriously like to sue Riot for even the thousand dollars you use in your example by spending literally tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars (plus Riot's legal fees once you lose, another thing you've already agreed to) plus spend months in Delaware attempting to sue them just to have your motion denied because it's a valid contract, go ahead.
I was hedging on the sarcastic what if scenario that could be very bad publicly for Riot, there are a lot of ways this could happen (not only through the court system). And it doesn't need to be realistic for me to make the point.

SentinelOfPain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2012

I don't understand why you guys are talking about pre-tribunal cases, but the reason you weren't banned is simple really: there just wasn't enough manpower to get to you. I think it's hilarious that you were banned and in most cases rightfully. There is a thread floating around telling you what an actual Riot employee would have voted if they personally went over your case, and you know what? Almost ALL of them were punishes.

Also in the sueing Riot theme, you don't have squat against them. They have your records, they have your forum post, and they have the fact that in order to use their game you HAVE to agree to their ToS. Suing them would make you a joke.