"I've spent too much money to be banned!" Oh... really?

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yndyr

Senior Member

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentinelOfPain View Post
I see a lot of QQ on the Tribunal forum about, "oh, I was unfairly banned, F*** you Riot," or, "Oh, some 13 year old just clicks auto-punish." For the most part, I find this butthurt to be astoundingly hilarious. However, there is just one... little... complaint that just makes me full of genuine hatred and contempt.

"I've spent too much money to be banned!"

You... what? YOU WHAT?! You think that just because you spent MONEY on something makes you a more privileged person?! You think you get more rights than the average player because you PUT MONEY INTO A FREE GAME?

Let me ask you something, why do you think you should get ANYTHING special just because you spent money? You still either trolled, were abusive, or just an overall ****** bag. And yet, you have the NERVE, the sheer AUDACITY, to say you deserve to not get a ban?

Not only do I hope you get suspended, I hope you get permanently banned. This logic, this... this way of thinking is selfish, stupid, and above all WRONG. You aren't as important as anyone else. And let me tell you something, you are even less important than ANYONE else because of what you genuinely, truly, think.

No amount of money, not even a particularly large sum, gives you the right to be an ******* to anyone else. Period.
Maybe because it's the people who spend money that have given these people jobs? Maybe because customer service should matter a little bit? There's tons of reasons why it is valid reasoning. What's audacious is your vision of the world where value doesn't go beyond the products you buy with the value you've earned.

Those people appealing their bans on the forum are not calling you out on the forums, they aren't calling you stupid, they aren't hoping you get banned. Maybe you should be permanently banned until you can work on your hatred and contempt of the people who are "even less important than ANYONE else".

****.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SorrowMask

Senior Member

02-09-2012

this reminds me of..

"Screw the rules, I have money" -Seto Kaiba (Yu-Gi-Oh The Abridge Series)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

foxyfennec

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-09-2012

The people who put money into this game make it free for people who want to leach. Putting money in makes you a contributor to the survival of League of Legends.

If it wasn't for people who buy RP there would be no League of Legends.

To be honest - only people who have purchased RP should be allowed to use the tribunal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iRage Inc

Senior Member

02-09-2012

OP should be banned from league of legends and its forums. Lets see what his attitude to people losing something they have invested a lot of time and money in is after that.

The point is that riot should not treat people's accounts as they do. Not much of what they permanently ban for is actually worth a permaban and when they are so willing to permaban people for them, you have to wonder.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

foxyfennec

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-09-2012

Yeah, I'm fearful to buy more RP or even play when I see the petty offences everyone clicks punish on.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

capt indecision

Senior Member

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRage Inc View Post
OP should be banned from league of legends and its forums. Lets see what his attitude to people losing something they have invested a lot of time and money in is after that.

The point is that riot should not treat people's accounts as they do. Not much of what they permanently ban for is actually worth a permaban and when they are so willing to permaban people for them, you have to wonder.
They get how many tries? No one is instantly permabanned. You repeat the same offense with out learning then you should lose your privlegages.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

eimichan

Member

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by QQ Bra View Post
Actually being a paying customer does entitle people to certain rights imo. tax payers are citizens because they are tax payers and vice versa. you are allowed to vote because u are a citizen and pay your taxes. a stockholder is allowed a say in the company he owns a part of.
So my response is off-topic for the thread, but I just had to point out that nothing you said (in the section I quoted) is true.

1. You are a citizen because you have citizenship. A 20-year old college student who has never worked or paid taxes is still a citizen.

2. Voting and paying taxes have nothing to do with each other. In fact, the 24th Amendment to our Constitution expressly prohibits any type of federal tax related to polling, and the Equal Protection Clause in the 14th Amendment prohibits state or federal taxes related to polling.

3. Being a stockholder does not automatically grant you a say in the company's business decisions. Being a majority stockholder, on the other hand, gives you takeover power. Once companies have enough cash reserves, they will sometimes initiate stock buybacks to help keep competitors from buying up a majority share (plenty of other reasons for doing this too).

I can see where you were going, but it doesn't help your case when you state incorrect facts or oversimplify complex financial issues in an attempt to bolster your argument.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

QQ Bra

Senior Member

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRage Inc View Post
OP should be banned from league of legends and its forums. Lets see what his attitude to people losing something they have invested a lot of time and money in is after that.

The point is that riot should not treat people's accounts as they do. Not much of what they permanently ban for is actually worth a permaban and when they are so willing to permaban people for them, you have to wonder.
people who believe money invested should play no part in the judicial process of this game usually have not spent a cent to play or support riot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SimplyAlive

Senior Member

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by QQ Bra View Post
people who believe money invested should play no part in the judicial process of this game usually have not spent a cent to play or support riot.
I believe money spent should play no part in the judicial process of this game.
I have spent over 300 euros on this game.

You are just trying to discredit those who oppose your views by attempting to make an argument..

(People who oppose the Tribunal usually have been banned by the system. People who defend the Tribunal usually haven't been banned. More examples of bad arguments that are comparable to yours.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnknownVBS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by QQ Bra View Post
people who believe money invested should play no part in the judicial process of this game usually have not spent a cent to play or support riot.
I've spent a few hundred dollars on this game and believe that should have no part of the judicial process. Spending money shouldn't give someone the ability to be a jerk, troll or whatever.


1234567 ... 8