"I've spent too much money to be banned!" Oh... really?

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cend

Recruiter

02-08-2012

TLR - Riot wants to make money, they have a vested interest in getting ur money, no matter who you are, be glad that they have incentive keep the community reasonably pleasant in order to make monies.

Riot is a for profit company, using a very successful model of making the content obtainable (slowly) to free users, while offering many shinys and boosts that people eventually can't just resist or decide to pick up because they enjoy and support the game.

*For Profit*

As such, any customer that frequently gives them money for their service instead of being a free user -will- receive more attention and/or leniency because they are what allow Riot to expand, raise salaries, and give out bonuses. To think that a free user should receive the same treatment as a user who frequently pays for the content simply seems silly.

Of course, this is not to say that paying gives an all out pass, but it should be remembered that a paying player might reasonably expect *some level* of special treatment.

And when Riot and their moderators do decide to ban paying players, it is of course a tribute to their efforts to maintain the community... and not lose even more paying players that might quit in disgust over seeing Ass-hats everywhere, and cut their losses =p


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheRAGEofDEMACIA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cend View Post
TLR - Riot wants to make money, they have a vested interest in getting ur money, no matter who you are, be glad that they have incentive keep the community reasonably pleasant in order to make monies.

Riot is a for profit company, using a very successful model of making the content obtainable (slowly) to free users, while offering many shinys and boosts that people eventually can't just resist or decide to pick up because they enjoy and support the game.

*For Profit*

As such, any customer that frequently gives them money for their service instead of being a free user -will- receive more attention and/or leniency because they are what allow Riot to expand, raise salaries, and give out bonuses. To think that a free user should receive the same treatment as a user who frequently pays for the content simply seems silly.

Of course, this is not to say that paying gives an all out pass, but it should be remembered that a paying player might reasonably expect *some level* of special treatment.

And when Riot and their moderators do decide to ban paying players, it is of course a tribute to their efforts to maintain the community... and not lose even more paying players that might quit in disgust over seeing Ass-hats everywhere, and cut their losses =p
Excellently put.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chzrm3

Senior Member

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentinelOfPain View Post
This logic, this... this way of thinking is selfish, stupid, and above all WRONG.
I like how you included this dramatic pause - made me think of a monologue in a play or something! : D

A bit esoteric, but I agree with the heart and soul of your thread. People who think spending money makes them immune to punishment are silly. One of the most deliriously joyful "punish" clicks I've ever had was when some kid said (across multiple games) "LOL Riot won't ban me, I've spent over 1000 dollars on this game".

I'm just sitting there thinking "I DON'T SEE A CENT OF THAT, SO YOUR MONEY HAS NO SWAY OVER MY MORALS, BRO!!!!"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Magnetosis

Senior Member

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentinelOfPain View Post
I see a lot of QQ on the Tribunal forum about, "oh, I was unfairly banned, F*** you Riot," or, "Oh, some 13 year old just clicks auto-punish." For the most part, I find this butthurt to be astoundingly hilarious. However, there is just one... little... complaint that just makes me full of genuine hatred and contempt.

"I've spent too much money to be banned!"

You... what? YOU WHAT?! You think that just because you spent MONEY on something makes you a more privileged person?! You think you get more rights than the average player because you PUT MONEY INTO A FREE GAME?

Let me ask you something, why do you think you should get ANYTHING special just because you spent money? You still either trolled, were abusive, or just an overall ****** bag. And yet, you have the NERVE, the sheer AUDACITY, to say you deserve to not get a ban?

Not only do I hope you get suspended, I hope you get permanently banned. This logic, this... this way of thinking is selfish, stupid, and above all WRONG. You aren't as important as anyone else. And let me tell you something, you are even less important than ANYONE else because of what you genuinely, truly, think.

No amount of money, not even a particularly large sum, gives you the right to be an ******* to anyone else. Period.
Not to be an ******, as I do agree with your point, but that's not the way the real world works- in the real world the amount of money you have and how much *******-ery you can get away with are directly related. Its not fair, but life's not fair, so you might as well get used to it now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SentinelOfPain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnetosis View Post
Not to be an ******, as I do agree with your point, but that's not the way the real world works- in the real world the amount of money you have and how much *******-ery you can get away with are directly related. Its not fair, but life's not fair, so you might as well get used to it now.
There's a way around that. They use money to boost themselves, you use intuition to make their life a living Hell. I will be no more specific than that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

QQ Bra

Senior Member

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentinelOfPain View Post
I see a lot of QQ on the Tribunal forum about, "oh, I was unfairly banned, F*** you Riot," or, "Oh, some 13 year old just clicks auto-punish." For the most part, I find this butthurt to be astoundingly hilarious. However, there is just one... little... complaint that just makes me full of genuine hatred and contempt.

"I've spent too much money to be banned!"

You... what? YOU WHAT?! You think that just because you spent MONEY on something makes you a more privileged person?! You think you get more rights than the average player because you PUT MONEY INTO A FREE GAME?

Let me ask you something, why do you think you should get ANYTHING special just because you spent money? You still either trolled, were abusive, or just an overall ****** bag. And yet, you have the NERVE, the sheer AUDACITY, to say you deserve to not get a ban?

Not only do I hope you get suspended, I hope you get permanently banned. This logic, this... this way of thinking is selfish, stupid, and above all WRONG. You aren't as important as anyone else. And let me tell you something, you are even less important than ANYONE else because of what you genuinely, truly, think.

No amount of money, not even a particularly large sum, gives you the right to be an ******* to anyone else. Period.

Actually being a paying customer does entitle people to certain rights imo. tax payers are citizens because they are tax payers and vice versa. you are allowed to vote because u are a citizen and pay your taxes. a stockholder is allowed a say in the company he owns a part of. i hate to break this to u, but if the paying customers did not buy items and skins from riot games, this beautiful "Free" game u people enjoy, would not exist. does being a paying customer allow you to break the rules and be a troll? no. should it allow some leniency? yes, absolutely.

think of it like this. the trolls have unlimited free accounts to troll on. if someone has spent money on an account, that usually means that individual is in it for the gameplay and because he enjoys the game, not just to be a troll. i keep trying to explain this to people, but too many of u kids have never played competative sports. this is a player vs player game. it is built around competition. that said people are going to get angry, they are going to lose their temper, they are going to swear and be a jerk. is this right? no, however even good people can lose it when they have a 0 22 mid lane in a ranked game. simple fact is that if people on each team were not trying their very best to win, winning would not be rewarding, nor would improving as a player. im sorry swearing offends you, and i am terribly sorry that u care soooooooo much what some internet troll has to say. get over it. there is no name anyone can call me that would get a reaction whatsoever. if what someone says offends u, ignore them. stop QQing about how people on the internet are mean to u and how everyone should be like Mr. Rogers. grow up....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rubidium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

02-09-2012

Taking away what someone bought with money ( rp in a certain account ) is scamming in my opinion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

QQ Bra

Senior Member

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaneDragon View Post
Taking away what someone bought with money ( rp in a certain account ) is scamming in my opinion.
vouch, they at least are required to give you a reason the account was taken away (if money has changed hands). if its a free account, u dont need to give a reason y it was taken away.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

horror5how

Senior Member

02-09-2012

you seem to be suggesting though that since they spent so much money, and they are arrogant, that they deserve a little more than others to be banned. why is it fair for unequal treatment in the opposite direction?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rubidium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by QQ Bra View Post
vouch, they at least are required to give you a reason the account was taken away (if money has changed hands). if its a free account, u dont need to give a reason y it was taken away.
They don't give a reason to why you get banned. If you do you just get a automated message. I spent around 100 dollars on my acc b4 and I have yet to be banned, but if I do I hope I can get a refund


123456 ... 8