Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ashe problems - need help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zodiacshape

07-23-2010

I feel rather weak early-mid game and depending on the masteries(21/0/9 or 9/0/21) and runes I am either oom too much, lacking speed, damage or movement. I am looking for some help on a really solid way to build Ashe early-mid game.

I am really unsure now on what items to get except an Infinity Edge but it takes almost 20-25 minutes for me to finish it in most games but I have gotten it earlier in some games. Boot-wise I usually go with Boots of Swiftness but are they really a solid choice?

For runes I am usually armor pen marks, mana regen seals and glyphs(scaling) and armor pen quints. I have tried to mix in some attack speed with armor pen and it helps some but I still feel rather weak until I at least get an Infinity Edge. Maybe I should be going for lower tier items first instead of rushing an Infinity Edge?

My main problem with Ashe is getting enough damage early so I can actually kill someone for once instead of waiting on that Infinity Edge/Last Whisper combo to start dishing out damage then.

Anyways if anyone can answer my questions and provide a solid way to build her, I would greatly appreciate it.

P.S. For summoner spells I rely on flash, ghost or teleport.

BigDaddyDelish

07-23-2010

I dunno, I go somewhat differently.

I take boots and 2 health pots and a mana pot and head to mid lane. The boots grant me the ability to harass very well early game, and the mana pot helps to ensure that I have enough mana to cast my ultimate at level 6 if I take it shortly beforehand.

I like to take several levels in hawkshot early. It is an INCREDIBLE map awareness tool, one of the best in the game if not the absolute best. The cooldown reduces with levels, and if you are good at farming, you will find that you will be able to buy a bf sword easily on your first trip back to base. I take levels in frost arrow and volley evenly after that.

You don't have as strong of an early game because you don't slow as much, but you have a much stronger later game as you will probably be able to buy another top tier item by end game that you otherwise would not have had. It sounds really weird, but it has been working great for me.

Disturb1

07-23-2010

Try this one:

-Dorans shield
-boots 1
-black cleaver (YES RUSH IT)
-upgrade boots to anything but zerkers
-starks
-whatever you need

For runes i use:
-armor pen red
-manaregen/lvl yellow
-magic resist/lvl blue
-hp at 1 quints.

Look up Disturb in 5v5 premade eu for proof that im not a total newb

VoiceofTreason

07-23-2010

I gotta say I agree with magical. Ashe's early game role in my mind is best played as a support stun arrow for the side lanes at the right time and ranking that hawkshot up quick, getting a minion's worth of gold after 3 kills is a HUGE advantage to your late game. She is the classic carry as one that need to focus on her exp and gold early and only killing when the oppurtunity calls.

If you get good with your arrow you can have 3-4 assists by the time laning is over.

VoiceofTreason

07-23-2010

Oh and the suggested starks on the physical dps carry by disturbed is almost always a bad idea, which I am sure you know Zodia. Tell your support champs to step up lol

Zodiacshape

07-23-2010

I have gotten starks on her before so I guess I will have to play support with her until I get Infinity Edge+Last Whisper right? Still looking for suggestions on masteries to.

NAMBLA Pig

07-23-2010

Do the math, leveling hawkshot up quickly does not give you that much gold in the end of the game. Here is an example, which is over-simplified and exaggerated to make my point:

Over the course of an average game, it would be quite rare for Ashe to get over 200 minion kills. Yes, she can get more in some cases, but it if oftentimes less, say around 150 or so. So 200 kills is generous.

Assume that, over the course of the same game, Ashe got 5 extra gold per minion kill. Of course, You can't get hawkshot level 5 until level 9, so again, this is overly generous and unrealistic.

In this example, Ashe would earn an extra 1000g over the course of the game, or approximately enough for 1 Pickaxe by the end of the game. Enough for a Longsword 25 minutes in.

The extra gold provided by Hawkshot is absolutely not worth giving up points in Volley for. At all.

Granted, it is a great scouting ability. So I will usually take 1 point in it at level 8 if I am solo mid and there are no junglers on the other team. Before then it is a waste because the side lanes will be focusing on their own lane and probably not coming mid to gank. If there is a jungler, I might take it at level 4. You absolutely must level up Volley at every opportunity, as it is what makes Ashe. And Frost Shot is not really effective for kiting someone until level 4 or 5, so it is worth it to put as many points into it as possible ASAP.

HackingYouNow

07-23-2010

It's all about how you set up your runes so that you can get away with doing 21/0/9 and have a good enough mana/hp regen so that you can spam volley while surviving people harassing you back.

Though Ashe shouldn't really be hit much since Volley's range is still godly early game

JustDavid

07-23-2010

Try 19/0/11. It's important to get the meditate mastery in the utility tree.

Armor pen. marks
Dodge seals / mp regen seals
mp regen glyph / any other glyph
Flat hp quints

Doran sheild + hp pot
Boots (Your choice)
Brutalizer (skip if fed)
Infinity Edge
Catalyst

At that point, you are free to get a youmuu or banshee veil.

Lusden

07-24-2010

Leveling Hawkshot early is good if you can make use of the scouting range, and you probably want to have two levels of it by the time the team fighting really starts up so you can scout ahead.

I've had good results with the following while going mid:

Volley Hawk Volley Hawk Volley ECA Volley Hawk Volley Frost ECA Frost Frost Frost Frost ECA Hawk Hawk

I have the Awareness mastery for 5% faster xp and remain mid-lane as long as I can get away with. Rank three of Hawkshot is rushed and Frost Shot is entirely delayed; if I'm against a mid that I know I can kill (generally I'm content to farm) or my teammates want to gank quickly (say, a jungler) I'd pick up Frost sooner.

Rank three Hawkshot, from the mid, will let you check buff creeps and Dragon. If your team is good, you should be able to exploit that.