helping 1v2 top lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hambone4

02-07-2012

When I jungle and our solo top has to go up against two people I am not quite sure how and when to help them. I try my best to give top lane a good gank first right after I get double buff and offer to hold their lane whenever they need to go b. Besides for these things I wish there was more I can do but without an advantage in number I can rarely make a gank work.

any suggestions?

Hyosun

02-07-2012

With smart play, I think your solo top would be able to survive fine. It's getting your tower pushed that I believe is the issue. You could counteract this by pushing to their tower so your tower is safe. Your ally would still have to make sure to play defensive 1 v 2 but he wouldn't have to worry about getting ganked from the non-existent jungler. Just mid. So I would ward for him and try to help mid out.

You could also take dragons easily with bot lane's help, get their blue buff for your ap carry mid, and continue farming both sides of the map. I think it depends on how competent your top is and what kind of matchup it is.

I've gone solo top 1 v 2 as nidalee and galio and it worked out fine. Even in a 1 v 2 situation, top should not have to be babysat. Babysitting top could lose you the game, especially if he's bad.

xRias

02-08-2012

I wouldn't just sit at top all day ganking his lane, you should keep roaming to get your other team mates fed and help him whenever he's getting pushed. If they are just completely getting wrecked then asked somebody else on your team to switch with him to see if he can atleast survive bot lane.

18X Jake

02-08-2012

No you need to help your top laner until they can keep alive against 2 people. Which basically means get them kills and let them farm so they get lvl advantage. Starting at your red if purple or their red if blue and gank top lvl 2 you can force the enemy team back, then take control of their jungle and go for more.

Jamidundee

02-08-2012

You need to be helping top, when possible, but if they have no chance of holding 1v2 then they need a lane switch, or for you to mostly ignore jungling.

If top loses 2 towers in the laning phase, hopefully you are ganking mid also to help push the other lanes and make up for it.

Without constant ganks, most players will have a very hard time going against 2.

I have had matchups where I was able to 1v2 top, and others where I was completely useless based on the matchup.

Roger Barbossa

02-11-2012

I played as jungler a few times, have experienced similar situation, where the enemy team do not have jungler. As I remembered, I asked top lane to stop pushing, sit tight at tower, and I went bot lane and gank with 2 of my teammates and pushed bot lanes, and then rushed to top lanes and gank there; and if mid lanes could own the other team, he could help ganking too; and usually it works.

TheGoatBoyy

02-11-2012

I generally try to get a successful gank on mid and then ask mid to come with me to top so we can do a 3 on 2 gank. Usually if your playing with people who duo top and dont have a jungler, they aren't going to ward their river either.

RavenRise

02-11-2012

A Solo Top champion such as Yorick, Jarvan IV, Riven, Talon, Wukong, Yi (Ap), Akali and Fizz can all handle a 1 v 2 situation. Due to their utility - multipurpose mechanics that are built into their abilities, these solo top champions can handle a 1 v 2 situation if the player is highly cautious.

For example: Jarvan IV and Ap Master Yi. (Both champions i have played 1 v 2, Jarvan IV 6 times and Master Yi 2 times)

Jarvan IV's abilities all serve an secondary purpose besides damage and shield. By maxing E, Jarvan will become highly resistant to AD, and the standard also functions as a ward. His combo is both an offensive and evasive ability, but 2 v1 situations render the combo as a escape option mostly. His shield provides more escapes due to the slow. In addition, Jarvan IV also can succeed in killing a champion without dying to DPS. Weak Ad defenses and low mana is a prime opportunity for Jarvan IV to step up the aggression

Master Yi 1 v 2 is ridiculous. His Q farms minions quickly without putting Yi in direct fire of enemies. In addition, Meditate's bonus armor and MR gives you more tankiness, and the heal with an Ap build will allow you to out sustain a 2 v 1 situation.

A good rule of the thumb is to let the creeps push to your turret, so you jungler can gank behind them.
Get Wards...LIFESAVERS.

RavenRise

02-11-2012

Thus, no need to help top much

MadrugaXV

07-27-2012

The only time you will be able to 1v2 is when your enemies are stupid or you just counter both of them (or get fed by ganks).

Because basically you will be only able to farm under your tower , so that's what you gonna do ( or tell your solo top to do that).It's highly unlikely that you will survive against two people like i've said , even Nasus/Sion and such will have a hard time , the maximum you can do is farm under the turret area , especially if you are nasus/rumble or anyone with good farm abilities such as mordekaiser/vladimir.