Any idea what the new hero will be?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Défense

02-08-2012

right now im imagining link moving trough a temple with hes hook shot from wall to wall, is it posible for him to quickly go from wall to wall with hes hookshot trough a cooldown reset mechanic?

topsyturby

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2012

so in the past you could land a grab with blitz and flash backwards and it would drag them to where you flashed. how would the new champs hook react with flash? or can you not flash at all if you land it?

Jimyd

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
He might be a tank.

He might wield an anchor.

He might be slow. He might have a hookshot to compensate.

Maybe.
So Pudge basically.

Super Explosion

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehome Max View Post
what makes him different from Blitz/amumu?
Actually, he seems to smell like Skarner. It will be interesting.

SpellingExpert

02-08-2012

Go to sleeeeeeep xypherous, it is late.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

02-08-2012
60 of 69 Riot Posts

Quote:
So Pudge basically.
You'll have to explain this to me, because Pudge has like, the opposite of a hookshot.

Or does Pudge hook himself to terrain? It's been a while, but I thought that was more Clockwerk's territory.

Quote:
Actually, he seems to smell like Skarner. It will be interesting.
Nah. Skarner kidnaps you and slows you slowly to death. Nautilus' effects are more concentrated.

Lemonbullets

02-08-2012

I hope he has a good laugh.

Dargul

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
...Hm...

His Q is halfway between Amumu and Blitzcrank, but based on the range it will feel more like one or the other. Since it has a minimum drag distance for the opponent, up close, you can reset an enemy's position if they escape. Far away though, you'll move much farther to them.

It has the added dimensionality of interacting with terrain, which means his gameplay is much more straightforward - he's not going to ambush you from behind a wall - because he can't shoot through the wall. He's going to come rushing out and attempting to hook you or aim it so that he can hit guaranteed terrain behind you.

His passive gives him a heavy incentive to switch targets in a fight - and his shield, if used in the right time in a fight, will add heavy DPS incentives if he's ignored. His initiation is more reliable but less controlled - so, a quick hookshot into an ultimate can ambush unwary foes. There's some interesting play patterns here. His overall theme is delayed but powerful effects.

A lot of the challenge of this guy was properly conveying the heft, size, and power that he looks like he has - which meant trying to find delayed effects that also feel gratifying and powerful.
So, basically nothing like blitz.......consider previous statement retracted...

I like not being able to pinpoint another champs play style. I'll take a unique play style over individually unique mechanics/skills any day.

Mappy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpellingExpert View Post
Yeah, You really should get some rest.

We love you for all your hard work at Riot and even after Work.

You can just see the passion, It's there! Your like... so excited to talk about this.

Koraq

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpellingExpert View Post
But we like him here!

His posts are always informative in one way or another.

That, and I want to continue stalking the thread for when he gets bored to assault him with requests again.