I need a mid lane champ, who should I buy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WeasuhL

02-12-2012

Galio, Lux, Kog..

Galio/Kog are amazing middles..but Kog might mess up the meta by being in mid instead of bot lane. Gal/Lux are obvious picks although Lux has drifted towards support.

Cass, Kass, Morg, LeBlanc.

Only play LeBlanc if it fits your comp. You fall off late game so you have to lock down their mid character, most likely picking up a few kills.

Cass is #2 on the tier list right now. Kennen is #1 but as a mid character he's iffy, very squishy but good escapes..dunno. I never have trouble with Kennen when I'm Cass.

Kass..Kass../: Can only play him vs an AP mid but he performs very well, he's a bit weird to play though, he does take practice.

Hope I helped, if you want to play sometime and try it out, hit me up! IGN - WeasuhL

Coolosle

02-12-2012

Kennen:good range ,good burst ,most effective cc,great damage in teamfight.You can make sure every last hit with Q and enemy can hardly kill you cuz your E.
Try to farm the Zonya's before teamfight and u win if u use R and Zonya's properly.
Urgot:good damage,super range,accurate damage great harass.
Great damage in single target while aborb damage using R which gives you large amount of armar an mag-res.

SirTimbo

02-12-2012

Gragas is a good mid and is a strong counter for some of the more popular ones.

Malzahar is one of the best in a 1 on 1 but is also the weakest to ganks. Get enough AP early on though and you can poke with E on the creep wave and hide under turret.

Heimerdinger is sadly countered by some of the mids who have range and can spam somewhat like cass or karthus as they take out his turrets too easily but he can beat on anyone who can't push the lane like swain and ryze with poke from W when lane is down to 2 creeps.

Sivir is a anti poke mid and will ignore the harass, and even benefit from it, frommpeople like malz, gragas or cass.

Kassadin is a good one too as he requires getting level 6 early then ganking side lanes.

Faythful

02-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockpooh View Post
There are a lot of things to consider, some AP champs start strong but fall off late unless you get some kills and farm in. Skill shots, last hits, range etc all come into play.

I really don't like Ryze & Lux, but I love going mid with Cass & Karthus. Take blue at 4 if you can, push push push with your q, farm jungle, push push push again, farm jungle, push push push, gank top / bot.

It's difficult to force a cass or karthus back if all they want is to push and farm creeps. I can't remember the last time I came out of a game losing mid or getting a negative score with either. They can only carry so hard, but man are they fun.
If you want to push a cass back, play malz, once he has blue she struggles the push game. I had a game as Cass and our jungler refused to gimme blue so I was shat on the entire lane phase

CheersAllAround

02-12-2012

Brands my boy. He has 2 skillshots, but using the right combos he can drop health bars in a sinch. like any other champ, takes time to master him, find the right items for your playstyle etc. but his dance, joke, etc are the best in the game imo. plus his ult is fantastic. 2 man gank can turn into a double kill for you super easy. and shacos ult just completely screws him. cons are he has no escape mechanic save his 2 second stun, slow, targeted, same as most other ap carries. He really is tonnes of fun to play tho

Blou Mijo

02-12-2012

I use Gragas and Galio for mid. Gragas has a lot of sustain with his passive and W, not to mention his crazy damage output/AP ratio. Galio's also a fun pick for mid since he's basically an anti-mage tank that does a lot of early game damage with his Q->E combo; I pick Galio if our team is lacking tankiness and AP (or an AP carry flatout in solo queues >_>).

Plague Doctor

02-13-2012

Cassio, Morg, and Vlad are my favorite mids. (Though vlad is about to get nerfed so not sure how much this will hurt his mid) As of now, all three have great harass and survivability. I win mid lane almost every time.

Matt Kazama

02-19-2012

Ahri! She's made for mid and she does well. I play LeBlanc too, check her out, but if you want a good farmer, go Ahri. LB's auto attack is so slow, you basically have to use your Q or W to get last hits, leaving you with little mana early game where farming is extremely important.

Forrestfire15

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2012

Huh this is still going. I apologize for not paying attention to it in the past week or so.

Anyway, I've tried out a few champions (ahri, ziggs, ryze, morg, cass, swain) and I think I absolutely love ryze. He is so much fun to play with! High damage + tanky as well as being ridiculously good at helping the jungler gank my lane. Anyway, he's who I've been playing lately.

Thanks for all the advice

medwa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2012

Malzahar is another terrific mid champ. His sustain is very good because of his mana regen, and he is countered by few champs. His biggest downfall is that he loses significance in late game due to no team oriented abilities. But his early game dominance makes up for this IMO.

He is free this week so give him a try.