Dominion needs some love...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Korpral

02-16-2012

I used to play dominion exclusively ever since the beta up until just recently, it was new exciting and there was a whole range of champions that everyone played.

Now I only see the same handful of viable champions/team comps over...and over...and over again. Why? because those champions work and get wins, which this game is all about right?

Well lately that mentality of playing the best to win has made dominion stale for me. Plus the gameplay is starting to get repetitive: 4 top 1 bot and pray bot doesn't lose it so you can keep on smashing your face to win Windmill back.

Sure you can gank bot after you lose/win windmill to force more players off top, or back door to either drill or refinery...but how many soloq's know how/are willing to do this all match? (though shaco and stealthed units make backdooring a royal pain early game when you don't have hextech or lightbringer)

Will ranked be any better? More competent teammates (maybe), but unless riot makes some major modifications to the dominion meta/item list/separate balancing from SR...dominion is going to get stale sooner or later.

tl:dr? Dominion was fun when it wasn't limited by picking a handful of champions and the tactics weren't clear, now soloq is just the same tactics with the same familiar champions (I've even played with the same summoners countless times lol)

P.S: I hate it when people don't pay attention to the mini-map =-=

Mibuwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2012

Don't see what all the fuss is about. It isn't luck, unless you consider the team you get from matchmaking "luck". Also, several champions work in dominion, for example I've seen: taric, soraka, ad sona, trundle, blitz, irelia, mf, etc. I've seen people doing 3 top and 2 bot, but doesn't happen often. The reason 4 top and 1 bot works so well is 'cause it is a very comfortable playstyle. I also don't have a problem countering these so called "OP champs". Annoying as some of them may be, sometimes you just need a team to stick together to overcome these minor annoyances.

tl;dr Too much QQ; return to SR if you like. Maybe someday Dominion will see ranked.

deepbluereason

02-17-2012

I just played 3 games on dominion last night after, I'd guess at least a few months of abstaining from it, and overall the mode feels like it plays better now. I think the removal of Warmogs helped a lot.