A Monster In Us All (Vladimir/Sona)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keaton Lee

02-06-2012

People said that Vladimir’s emotions were as shallow as a pool of blood. The taunts hardly bothered the Blood Lord, but over the years he had become rather distant from the other Champions around him. One tended to avoid contact with others when it was always so tempting to take their blood as his own. Temptation, although a bit of a tease, was something that Vladimir was able to easy counter with desolation and relaxation.

He sat under the old oak tree with his knees to his chest. If there was a soul around to see they would see something that appeared quite fragile. Underneath his armor was a man that relied more so on his craft rather than his strength. Long, silky white locks of hair tumbled past his shoulders and trailed to his waist. Vladimir’s eyes were closed as his shoulders relaxed. Peace and quiet were two things that Vladimir enjoyed almost as much as killing. The screams, after all, were always far more desperate in desolate places.

It was then that he could hear the faintest sound of music. The notes came quietly at first, but he could hear them far clearer when the wind picked up. Such a soft, lonely tune hardly fit his mood, but the notes made his chest tighten. “What a terribly odd anomaly.” Vladimir mused to himself, or at least he thought he was musing to himself.

"Only you can hear me Vladimir, what masterpiece shall we play today?" A melodious voice echoed inside of his head and it almost caused Vladimir to jump. How easily the woman invaded his mind! Vladimir’s eyes snapped open and found them widening at the woman that was now floating beside him. Had he really let his guard down for such a long time?

“Sona Buvelle.” He greeted her with a sanguine smile, quickly covering up his surprise with his fake form of charm. “To what do I owe the pleasure?” Kindness was something Vladimir did not receive and did not give. It would be easy to tell her to go away, but a part of him enjoyed the game of being charming and handsome in appearance. (Although he was quite sure that Miss Fortune said that he was too pretty to be a man, that slag.)

Sona plucked the chords of her Etwahl, smile serene as she nodded to the free patch of grass beside him. A being such as Vladimir made Sona curious and her Etwahl was there to protect her if needed. Of course, she was sure that the man knew better than to attack another Champion. That sort of action could only lead to trouble.

“You may sit if you wish to, songstress.” Perhaps if he allowed her to sit then she would stay quiet—he preferred the woman quiet, but seeing as to how she practically welcomed herself into his brain…well, it seemed unlikely.

Shortly after Vladimir gave her permission Sona sat beside him, Etwahl floating ever so slightly above the grass. “Something stirred within you when I played these notes.” She plucked the first few notes of the song that had made his chest tighten.

Vladimir shrugged, attempting to dismiss the fact that he felt the tightening in his chest yet again. “There is a monster in all of us.”

The truth in the man’s words made Sona shiver and his smirk let the woman know that he knew the wind wasn’t the cause of her shivering. Despite her love of song, that wasn’t quite what brought her to the League. She hardly wanted to think about why she was here, the cause quite unsettling that in of itself. In an attempt to derail Vladimir from the questions that were sure to come, Sona smiled softly. “Does a man like you not grow lonely?”

Lonely?

Vladimir paused. For once he had to actually give the question some thought. He honestly wasn’t sure what being lonely was. Perhaps every so often he desired some form of company, but that usually ended in his ‘companion’ being a delicious piece of meat to play with. Finally, he answered the question with yet another smile, this one quite coy in comparison to the last.

"Go ahead, be negative. You'll be just my type."

-----------------------------------------------------

This pretty much proves that I shouldn't write things at 2 AM. Seriously, for some reason I'm in love with seemingly impossible pairings lately. (Oh, yeah, and sorry if it sucks!)

Sezak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2012

Excellent work I quite enjoy unusual pairings esp with my main man vlad

Keaton Lee

02-08-2012

:3!! I'm glad someone liked it. Vlad is a champ close to my heart--I'm not that great with him, but I loved him enough to get legendary skin lollol.

I'm prolly gonna have more written by the end of this week XD;