Jarvan IV Ultimate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkFuzz3825

02-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppers View Post
I don't know if the JIV ulti does dmg when it lands but it's possible she cast her shield at the same time you ulti. The dmg would have removed the shield and it's animation but she'd still have spell immunity for the duration of spell
In fact, she activated it after the walls came up and the damage was dealt. She just walked out of it like it was nothing. I know Black Shield does a lot, but it should not be able to move through walls.

FroTW

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2012

For some reason I always get the retarded Jarvans who ult when I gank (good idea) but after the enemy dashes away they leave their ult up (keep in mind I usually jungle udyr or rammus)

Ramnok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2012

I've accidently done that before, but not intentionally, I've had problems with his ult in the past, I've had people I've been jumping on, PUSHED out of the ult, I've had tons of other champs pushed out of the all when all were pretty close. I'd jump when they pushed a tower, popped shield and dropped garrison, my surefire way to screw them up, all but their shen was in (even tho he was the farthest away from the guy I was jumpin) Shen dashes out and taunts me to the team, the tower only touches him does minor damage and I'm dead.... that's no ult...

His and Maokai's ult need tweaking the numbers are low and its just so easy to get out of it, I've used my ult as Mao and literally people just wait it out.. and I try to use it during fights where running away isn't a likely option. Something of a slow or maybe make it AOE, yea.. an AoE ult, it's not like Galeo's but still maintains the, "Get damaged, increases damage returned at end of ult"

The Jarvan issue still needs working with, I've noticed the bottom walls and the seemingly impossible dashes through the wall

Good Vi

02-08-2012

Quote:
(Active): Jarvan IV leaps to an enemy champion, dealing physical damage and creating a circle of impassable terrain around them for a 3.5 second duration. Jarvan IV can destroy the impassable terrain by activating this ability again.
Personally I think this is what Riot should to. Make the terrain impassable, whether it be by flash or a blink or a dash or whatever. The only problem that I could foresee with it is that Jarvan wouldn't be able to get out with his e+q which I'm sure other players wouldn't like.

Misticaltom

02-08-2012

Overall you're trying to make his Ult do what you want, instead of what it does.

You want an impassable barrier between you and everything else, but his ult is far more usefull than that, it also deals Physical damage, so Morgana's shield, which blocks magic, doesn't effect it.

Take the area between Wolves, Blue, and Mid, it's small, has several bushes, and an ult right in the center can block anybody from coming near, you can easily jump the guy who got out of position, say a stray Morgana, and have her blink out, wasting your ult.
Or you can flag toss and knock her int othe air, followed with Ulting the enemy Alistar who's standing on his team, if he knocks you out, they have 4 champs traped with nobody to hit, while Morgana is stranded.

Will you get a kill, or will 4 champs waste flash to save her?

It's like GP's ult, it's not so much about damage, as it is about creating a situational and zone advantage.

Think of it like Trundles Pillar or Anivia's wall, some champs like Jax and easily go around, others have to waste abillities to get through it.

You're not going to flash across the ult for example, and thats a usefull way to use it.

Unajer

02-08-2012

Misticaltom's got a good point, it's like complaining about people simply flashing out of GP's ult, or Flashing away when they see Zigg's ult, or Nunu's ult, or Patheon's ult. except for those, you CAN just walk out of them.

briathos

02-24-2012

they sould change it to only flash can get out of it, not skill flashes, itll make the ult so much more viable

woahjangles

02-24-2012

It should stun, I mean j4 is jumping on your head man.... Also this would negate the flash/dash problem

Gibbert

02-25-2012

I feel vayne's tumble getting out of it is bug, seeing as she's not allowed to tumble through normal terrain, but once it comes to jarv's, it instantly becomes ok.
And i've had problems with singed running against the side of the arena and popping ult and being able to walk through it in multiple games. =/

Zakurai

02-25-2012

The whole point of his ult is it's cc. It does need some tweaking though. not to much because he can just deactivate it