Lock In not living up to it's potential

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

spongeAddict

07-23-2010

I understand the concept of 'Locking In' to submit something as a final choice. But a lot of users are not using this feature because you cannot change your champion after.

So while you have one person not locking in because they are hesitating on what to pick due to another player not locking in, due to... and so on.

A simple solution would be to make it so you can still pick champions after you lock in, and just have it either unlock you, or if the timer ends they're stuck with what they got.

Jetware

07-23-2010

maybe i don't understand this but... it seems to me if you could change AFTER you lock in, that really defeats the entire point of the draft style pre-game hero selection, does it not? I'm not sure how it should change? maybe the people are not locking in not because of other hero selection, but because they are trying to buy themselves some time to change all their mastery points/summoner spells/rune pages?

last.... if the timer ends you ARE stuck with what you got...

spongeAddict

07-23-2010

I don't understand you.. and I see people regularly sit on the same spells/champs without locking in. I don't really see why it would be a problem to be able to unlock, the lock in was meant to be as a ready button.

H3XD

07-23-2010

+1

I agree that locking in is just indicating your status, no reason it can't be a toggle. Once everyone is locked in you would be unable to make changes as the countdown will start

Panamon Creel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-23-2010

Lock in should be a toggle. Once everyone is locked in, the timer goes down to 10 or 15 seconds, but you can still change heroes (if it's a problem, only allow 1 hero change after locked in?). It's very frustrating to accidentally choose the wrong hero.

Also, add a message to queue you to select a hero if you don't. Getting surprised by a random hero because you forgot to select certainly introduces you to new heroes, but usually it's just a pain because of specs (that's what practice games are for).