Top AD Ranged Carries in Current Meta

123456 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrostFire67

02-06-2012

I think I may have disagree just a bit with how low you've rated Ashe. I play her more than any other champion besides Anivia. I guess it might just come down to who plays her/how you play her but I've never been out done by the enemies ranged ad. I play her for her utility early prioritize her E>Q>W. She out kites any champ early because of super range and on hit slow, make 1k extra gold (at the very least) in a full game because of maxing her E first. I think this list shows mostly for mid game where I would say Ashe should be rated fairly low, early and late I would rate her much higher.

Basketdrive

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostFire67 View Post
I think I may have disagree just a bit with how low you've rated Ashe. I play her more than any other champion besides Anivia. I guess it might just come down to who plays her/how you play her but I've never been out done by the enemies ranged ad. I play her for her utility early prioritize her E>Q>W. She out kites any champ early because of super range and on hit slow, make 1k extra gold (at the very least) in a full game because of maxing her E first. I think this list shows mostly for mid game where I would say Ashe should be rated fairly low, early and late I would rate her much higher.
If you play an aggressive lane such as taric sivir, ali trist, sona corki etc. Ashe will get denied farm easily because she won't have the ability to trade the damage, leading to a very weak late game for her.

FrostFire67

02-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketdrive View Post
If you play an aggressive lane such as taric sivir, ali trist, sona corki etc. Ashe will get denied farm easily because she won't have the ability to trade the damage, leading to a very weak late game for her.
Well tbh you could say the same thing about any champ going against an aggressive lane. I don't think special circumstances should factor into such ratings. Even in those cases though. I was solo top against a GP and Garren top. I still carried hard that game. You just need patience in those situations, what helped turn that game in my favor is that I just stayed back let them get some damage on me and then exhausted (any ranged ad should have imo) their GP and Ignited Garren add in my slow and I got two free kills. The only time I died that game was when their mid came up and I died in a 3v1.

That example points out just how strong her auto slow is if used right. You could also add that she is a lot harder to gank because of her E giving her constant map awareness and free slow if you start to get chased. Like I said though, take these champions for their individual merit. Not special circumstances.

I still believe Ashe should be rated just a little bit higher. She has a lot more utility which IMO puts her ahead.

Edit:

Just to help provide info on the lane, both had heal with their already great sustain and oranges. Needless to say I wasn't doing any lasting damage to either champ.

Basketdrive

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2012

Quote:
Well tbh you could say the same thing about any champ going against an aggressive lane. I don't think special circumstances should factor into such ratings. Even in those cases though. I was solo top against a GP and Garren top. I still carried hard that game. You just need patience in those situations, what helped turn that game in my favor is that I just stayed back let them get some damage on me and then exhausted (any ranged ad should have imo) their GP and Ignited Garren add in my slow and I got two free kills. The only time I died that game was when their mid came up and I died in a 3v1.

That example points out just how strong her auto slow is if used right. You could also add that she is a lot harder to gank because of her E giving her constant map awareness and free slow if you start to get chased. Like I said though, take these champions for their individual merit. Not special circumstances.

I still believe Ashe should be rated just a little bit higher. She has a lot more utility which IMO puts her ahead.

Edit:

Just to help provide info on the lane, both had heal with their already great sustain and oranges. Needless to say I wasn't doing any lasting damage to either champ.
First off I'd like to say my reccomendation on any ranked match Ashe should never solo top and every ad carry should have flash as a standard (Not ignite) and heal is more viable on ad imo. Second, that top lane, if they were good, could have easily taken you down with constant parlley poke, esp. on a critplank. They fact that they dived you and didn't kills is stupid and absurdly dumb on there part.

Tyrang

02-06-2012

Quote:
I see what you mean, but I feel kog can be shut down pretty easily, prob the reason he is where he is.
So how do you shut Kog down in lane?

Basketdrive

02-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrang View Post
So how do you shut Kog down in lane?
Out burst him. He doesn't have a very good counter poke to ad burst early game, at least not as others higher then him, and some lower then him.

FrostFire67

02-06-2012

Quote:
First off I'd like to say my reccomendation on any ranked match Ashe should never solo top and every ad carry should have flash as a standard (Not ignite) and heal is more viable on ad imo. Second, that top lane, if they were good, could have easily taken you down with constant parlley poke, esp. on a critplank. They fact that they dived you and didn't kills is stupid and absurdly dumb on there part.
I wasn't solo top out of choice, I had to go there since we had someone disconnect. It was easy to avoid GP's poke as with any other champ. Just watch their movements. I dislike heal and I've been running exhaust/ignite very well on Ashe, although normally I would agree with flash.

Basketdrive

02-06-2012

Quote:
I wasn't solo top out of choice, I had to go there since we had someone disconnect. It was easy to avoid GP's poke as with any other champ. Just watch their movements. I dislike heal and I've been running exhaust/ignite very well on Ashe, although normally I would agree with flash.
I was looking at your summoner profile, and i noticed your lv 12, so I understand what your saying. People in your level of gameplay are easy to predict, but when you get into ranked and/or higher elo (once you hit 30) you will see, without an escape a jungler will consta gank your lane.

Teverous

Recruiter

02-06-2012

I think FrostFire67 does have a point. I don't really play Ranked that much but I do think a lot more of a game depends on the skill of the player than what spells he or she picks. TBH though I'm certain that even though Frosty is only lvl 12, there are probably more smirfs than there are legitimate players so he/she might actually know some of that experience that you spoke of.

Sokolniki

02-06-2012

Quote:

Edit:

The main issue I see with Ashe is her lack of a counter poke compared to the majority of other AD Carries. She has two ranged abilities that do damage, one is Volley, 1200 range, deals decent damage... blocked by minions. The other is her ult. Because her only ability that can reach out and touch an aggressive lane pair is blocked by minions, just her being there is an invitation to the duo lane she's against to be aggressive, since as long as they got a ward set in river, they'll most likely be safe because the Jungler is a hell of a lot more scary than Ashe will ever be. I could point out all the abilities that the AD Carries that are mentioned have a harass ability where minion blocks just are an issue with, but that could take all day.

Her Q is a toggled Auto-Slow, wonderful if you can get it on someone during a gank, but not really all that as a counter poke ability. Her E, great range, allows vision and offers token amounts of gold for last hits. The Vision effect however, is on an absurd 60 second cooldown when compared to other vision granting abilities.

Anivia's Crystallize - Lasts 5 seconds, and blocks movement through the wall that's granting you vision... 20 second cooldown.

Lux's Lucent Singularity - Lasts up to 5 seconds, slows enemies in an area for by a significant margin and can be detonated for damage and debuff them to make your next auto attack on them in the next 6 seconds hurt that much more. Cooldown, 6 seconds after detonation.

Corki's (An AD Carry btw) Phosphorous Fire Bomb - Deals AoE Damage up front, reveals an area for 6 seconds, and any champions struck by it that are not presently stealthed for 6 seconds even if they leave the Fire Bomb's revealed radius. It's 600 ranged makes it riskier than most vision abilities for spotting a bush rather than face checking it though.

Kog'Maw (Another AD Carry) Living Artillery - deals damage in a small area and reveals targets struck by it for 4 seconds... rank 1 has a 2 second cooldown, rank 3 a 1 second cooldown.

Compared to these, the bonus effect on Ashe's vision ability is chicken **** for a carry ability, and the 60 second cooldown is clearly unjustified even with it's incredible range.. Attention to detail makes her one harass ability completely unreliable. Other AD champs simply bring so much more utility to the table than Ashe does, and often do so while bringing more survivability or reliability than Ashe. And those AD Carries that don't often bring so much more damage or burst to a team fight than Ashe. And don't even get me started on comparing passives.

123456 ... 12