Ask Anivia

1234511 ... 44
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Cryophoenix

03-22-2012

Eternal in age and wise beyond her uncountable years, the immortal Champion Anivia, the Cryophoenix, wishes to share her wisdom to all who seek it.

She is one who stands neutral in the affairs of Runeterra, silent but ever vigilant as its elemental guardian. Selfless and kind, yet intimidating and a phenomenon to even her fellow Champions.

Many deem the Cryophoenix as unapproachable, frightened by her demeanor, her age, her magic and her very species; some even worship her as a deity, though she attempts to dismiss such claims and quell 'cultist' activities in her name.

There is as much curiosity as there is wonder around the Cryophoenix, and for the first time she seeks to answer the questions of the many Summoner's whom she has called her allies in the Fields of Justice. Be mindful of your words, but speak your mind.

randy780

03-22-2012

Hello Anvia

since your a phoenix where is the rest of your kind

The Cryophoenix

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowrandy View Post
Hello Anvia

since your a phoenix where is the rest of your kind

"At the beginning, when the Institute of War was still seeking champions from other realms, I was summoned from my home world to assist in your plight. Very much like my fellow Champions; Malphite, the Shard of the Monolith and Taric, the Gem Knight, we are all from other realities united under a similar goal. The protection of Runeterra. When I arrived, your world was in grave danger and still is to this day; the abuse of magic during the many Rune Wars left your world in a fragile state, capable of self-destruction from the backlash of careless and rampant magic abuse in war."

"While I do miss my kind and my home, I would like to say I am not upset by my original summoning. Your world needed help and it is my nature to assist those who need it. If one day your Summoners find a way to return me to my realm, I will only go if I am not needed here. If not, I have already accepted that possibility."

Ask Talon

03-22-2012

Did you feel any remorse when eating Phoenix buns during the Lunar Festival?

~Talon

The Cryophoenix

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Talon View Post
Did you feel any remorse when eating Phoenix buns during the Lunar Festival?

~Talon
"Hello once again Talon, wit as sharp as your blades as usual I see? The Phoenix Buns were actually not bad, but too sweet for my particular pallet. As I am the only phoenix in Runeterra, I doubt that I was, in fact, the secret ingredient to the sweet buns."

Starn3rd

03-22-2012

Greetings Cryophoenix,
I am curious. When summoning you, I sometimes feel as if you can be rather difficult to understand. I realize that in situations where I control you competently, you are capable of amazing things, but often times, I am frustrated by simple things. How do you attribute this?

-Starn3rd

Ask Talon

03-22-2012

You never know.

You know how tricky summoners can be.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-22-2012

What a pleasant surprise. I love phoenixes and I love cold. I wonder, what are your thoughts on the recent Sejuani uprising?

The Cryophoenix

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starn3rd View Post
Greetings Cryophoenix,
I am curious. When summoning you, I sometimes feel as if you can be rather difficult to understand. I realize that in situations where I control you competently, you are capable of amazing things, but often times, I am frustrated by simple things. How do you attribute this?

-Starn3rd
"The bond between Champion and Summoner goes beyond words to define, we are linked in mind and body alike, your thoughts and mine are one. A Summoner never fully controls another champion like a Puppet Master, but he does control their very willpower. It is the same principle that allows you to choose which Lane I begin in at the start of a Summoner's Rift match. You desire me to go mid, top, or bottom... maybe Jungle, its happened before, and I fly into the lane as if it were my idea and my decision, content with whatever choice we make together."

"There are of course complications, in the summoning process. Surely you are not unfamiliar with the sight of a Champion who has suddenly and sometimes violently lost connection with their summoner. In that situation their minds are assaulted and left blanked, almost in a zombie like state as they are recalled to the Summoner's Fountain, damaged from the magical backlash and unable to fight, or even move on their own power until the match is over and they can receive proper care, or their Champion restores the fragile link."

"There can be many factors as to why sometimes we sync perfectly some times and fail to do so otherwise, but even Ryze, the Rogue Mage is still attempting to fully understand Summoning Magic, and in the Institute of War he is considered the unquestionable expert in Magical knowledge."

"Though perhaps it's as simple as the days we connect, one of us may not be in proper health; a bad headache in a Summoner can actually be shared with the Champion in rare occasions, hindering both of their abilities. I do hope this answered your question."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Talon View Post
You never know.

You know how tricky summoners can be.
"Noted, I'll roost with an eye open as per your advice."

The Cryophoenix

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaalyo View Post
What a pleasant surprise. I love phoenixes and I love cold. I wonder, what are your thoughts on the recent Sejuani uprising?
"I thank you for your kind words Summoner. The uprising of Sejuani saddens me to some degree, beyond my relationship with Queen Ashe."

"I have lived to see many civilizations and species rise and fall, and more often than not I will say that civilizations are brought to an end by their own hands. Pride and conflict is a common nature to almost all sentient beings, as common to Humans as it is to Yordles and Phoenixes."

"Sejuani is a powerful and indeed even noble warrior, her drive may come from pride and a history of preparing for a destiny she feels she was denied, but it also comes from a longing to help her people. She has endured much, Ashe has told me of her story. I pray for a peaceful solution, and dread the thought of a civil war."

1234511 ... 44