Both Matches to Normal - Learning to Jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaidyn

02-06-2012

So I finally settled on my champion of choice. I know I'll need to remain versitile, but whenever possible I plan on playing Rammus. I love his toolkit, I love his look, and I love how I actually feel like a tank when I play him.

However, after doing some research, it seems that if I want to play rammus in a non-bot match I'm going to have to become a jungler. Is rammus good at the jungle? I mean he's tough, sure, but he's got no heal and his damage isn't great, so I can't imagine he clears it very quickly. And if their jungler decides to come kick my ass, I can't imagine myself doing anything but running away.

I went looking on the usual places for guides, but they all seem to be either very old or very poorly written. I'm wondering if anyone here has some specific advice for jungle Rammus, or, links to guides that won't get me yelled at for following.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyrang

02-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaidyn View Post
So I finally settled on my champion of choice. I know I'll need to remain versitile, but whenever possible I plan on playing Rammus. I love his toolkit, I love his look, and I love how I actually feel like a tank when I play him.

However, after doing some research, it seems that if I want to play rammus in a non-bot match I'm going to have to become a jungler. Is rammus good at the jungle? I mean he's tough, sure, but he's got no heal and his damage isn't great, so I can't imagine he clears it very quickly. And if their jungler decides to come kick my ass, I can't imagine myself doing anything but running away.

I went looking on the usual places for guides, but they all seem to be either very old or very poorly written. I'm wondering if anyone here has some specific advice for jungle Rammus, or, links to guides that won't get me yelled at for following.
He is a good jungle, namely his ganks are great, and he has great travel spd. But Rammus is prolly one of the jungle champ that has the least versatility in terms of how he jungles. He pretty much has to follow this one path. Otherwise, he is great, and end game is pretty sick for team fight.