When should I try ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rounder22

02-06-2012

375 normal wins. I play jungler, top lane and a couple supports. I can really only AD carry as Grave (and not that great). I generally suck as a mid - I just don't play the position or AP carries enough.

I figure I should be able to play 3 positions well and have 4 to 6 characters at each position that I can play with confidence.

My indecision is due to a desire to be competent and not let my team down rather than lack of confidence in who I play or what position.

Thoughts please.

Vim Enzo

02-06-2012

You should play all Roles, that's what i would recommend, Know how to play 2 champions from each roles and try to perfect all of them and you should get above the average elo(900-1200 range)

P.S- I would recommend at least 3-5 Rune Pages

Tyrang

02-06-2012

- Have at least 2 champs for each role (solo top, mid, jungle, ranged ad, support), learn how to play these roles. You want two in case 1 got picked or banned, you still have another back up.

- Learn how meta works.

Sondra

02-06-2012

I didn't start till I had at least 1k wins in normal. That way I would have a nice arsenal of champions to trade in addition to rune pages and runes. Unless you're loaded and don't care, then feel free to start ASAP and buy everything in cash. GG NP NP.

Rounder22

02-06-2012

I have 48 characters. 15 rune pages. All runes I need to cover any role - at least 6 unique sets for each rune type. Been playing since September, just only have time for a game or 2 per day usually, more on the weekends.

I watch streams almost all day at work.

In part I am struggling because normals seem to suck so bad. I can jungle but people lose their lane, or push their lane so I can't gank and they get ganked. So I farm, ward and counter jungle but get no help from mid, no commx, etc.

I think I'm mostly concerned about my inability to play Ad carry, mid and somewhat support. I only have a couple characters from each that I am confident in.

Guess I have my answer.

Sondra

02-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadolok View Post
I have 48 characters. 15 rune pages. All runes I need to cover any role - at least 6 unique sets for each rune type. Been playing since September, just only have time for a game or 2 per day usually, more on the weekends.

I watch streams almost all day at work.

In part I am struggling because normals seem to suck so bad. I can jungle but people lose their lane, or push their lane so I can't gank and they get ganked. So I farm, ward and counter jungle but get no help from mid, no commx, etc.

I think I'm mostly concerned about my inability to play Ad carry, mid and somewhat support. I only have a couple characters from each that I am confident in.

Guess I have my answer.
Listen you want to win games, jungle. Don't even waste your time bot lane. Why? Because that place should be heavily warded anyways. (unless your Rammus then wards won't stop your awesomeness)

Getting your AP carry and Top laner fed will help you immensely. If you fail a gank? Who cares. Go do wraiths then come around for round two.

This is just very simple easy advice that is good to start you off. Obviously you want to gank everywhere etc. But for now just stick to that. Bot lane with a support is pure farm lane. Dont bother them.

And if you're support is smart enough he might even ZONE the enemy bot lane. So they will be losing out on cs and exp. Good enough for me.

TikalKeria

02-06-2012

learn to play at least one champ in each role and DONT START RANKED until you're really confident with the game. I made the mistake of starting as soon as I was 30 and am just now playing ranked again and am having to work my way up from having a terrible start x3 now that I know the game.

xXCFXx Avenger

02-07-2012

most people start ranked the second they hit 30, ur good trust me

Butterednuts

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2012

When you have set masteries, runes, and a decent unlocked amount of champions for EVERY role (top, mid, bot, jungle), then you should queue.

snaker571

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2012

if you got correct runes then go for it, however dont expect to be 1800 unless your somehow really good your gonna drop to around 800 elo, trust me i just got out of elo hell. top 25% of players are 1250 elo or above most just go around 900