Shadow of the Maven(SonaXTalon)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImperfectSanity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2012

Simply amazing

BelKiyra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2012

A very great story I love it a lot my only complaint is the name of Sona's instrument is Etwahl not Wahtil but close enough. Anyways very good and would love to see more.

ImNotGonnaRaichu

02-14-2012

Me gusta.

BladeAngelx

02-15-2012

Chapter 39 - Resurrection

Her head laid softly on the side of the bed, her hand outstretched and clasping Talon's. The sheet beneath her head was damp with her tears, and as she slept tears would often slip from her closed eyes. Almost a week had passed since his body had been brought to the infirmary inside of the Institute. With each passing day Sona felt the agony of loss wrap around her like a cocoon. She had sat by his bedside everyday, never leaving despite the pleas from other champions and physicians alike. In the time that she spent not sleeping she simply watched and tried to reach Talon's mind with her words, but with each time there was no response. She would cry often and as the other champions would pass by the glass window to pay their respects they would look upon her. So many champions were used to seeing a happy and beautiful woman, but now as they looked through the glass upon her all they saw was a look of despair that never left.Multiple times over the week doctors would observe her cringe and clutch at her stomach, and as the days passed the occurrence of the event would become more often.

"Lady Sona you musn't strain yourself staying here, it's unhealthy, for both you and your baby." One of the doctors entered the room with a very concerned expression on his face.

"I'll be alright, I won't leave his side." Sona's thoughts held a unique solemnity that weighed down on the doctors mind.

"I understand but if you refuse to leave then please eat something. In the past 6 days I've not seen you so much as take a single bit of anything." the doctor continued to speak as his own concern for the woman in front of him grew.

"I won't leave his side." she repeated her words intently.

"Very well, I will return shortly." the doctor spoke gently

The doctor left the room and Sona stood up slowly leaning over Talon and kissing his forehead lightly. A few minutes late the doctor entered the room once more but this time holding a small plate with food on it. He handed it to Sona and she began to eat the contents slowly and as she finished she placed the plate on a small table in the corner.

"He will be alright. But when he comes out of this do you really expect him to have wanted you to risk your own health, and the health of the baby just to watch over him." the doctor spoke the words calmly and stepped out of the room before Sona could reply.

As she thought about the words that were said she once again felt the sharp pain in her stomach. She thought back as she counted the occurrences for the day. She looked back down at Talon's blank face and decided that the doctor was correct.

"Talon if you can here me I want you to know that me and the baby are alright. She's been kicking a lot recently. I just hope that when the time comes and I finally get to meet her that her father will be by my side to welcome her." Sona's mind projected the words gently as she stood up to leave.

As she stood she felt the back kick once more and she knelt down for a moment. One of the nurses came to her side taking her by the arm and lifting her into a chair.

"Are you ok Miss Sona?" the nurses expression was one of sheer fright.

"It's the baby, I think--" Sona tried to tell the nurse but her thoughts were interrupted by another kick, this one more painful than the last.

"I understand ma'am don't worry." the nurse left the room quickly and returned a moment later with a doctor and a wheelchair.

The lifted Sona off of the ground and placed her in the chair as they moved her to an open room. Once inside the room they began to run all of the preliminary procedures and checking to see if she was healthy.

"You're going into labor Sona, but you'll be ok, we're here to make sure everything goes smoothly and painlessly as possible" the head doctor stood in front of her smiling softly at her.

In the other room Talon's hand moved slightly unnoticeable to everyone that looked at him.

-------

His vision remained black and as he struggled against the darkness that enveloped him he felt himself slipping. He tried frantically to move trying to grab anything but all he could see was darkness. He'd heard Sona's voice for a long time now, and each time he could not respond. He'd heard the commotion of Sona falling to her knee and the last thing he had heard was 'It's the baby'. He struggled frantically to open his eyes, to reclaim any control of his body that he could, but each time his effort was in vain.

A figure stepped into the room beside Talons bed and looked at him intently. As his hand tried to clench into a fist the figure smiled. It withdrew a small syringe from his pocket and stabbed it down into Talon's chest. Talon still struggling felt the pain tenfold and his chest heaved in agony. The plunger of the syringe was pushed down heavily and the chemical in it began to tear it's way through his body. With each passing second Talon could feel it warping his body, causing it to spasm. As he struggled more and more against the pain in his chest he felt himself gasp for air, the first voluntary action he had made.

The figure beside him stood smiling with its hand pressed down firm against Talon's chest. As the drug worked it's way through Talon's body he began to spasm violently, the figure the only thing keeping his body held down. As they heard the man gasp for air the figure brought its head down to Talon's ears and whispered softly.

"She needs you now more than ever. Both of them do. They need they're protector, it's time to wake up from your nightmare." the figure smiled once more and withdrew their hands from his chest and exited the room silently.

Talon heard the voice but couldn't distinguish who it belong too. As he struggled more and more he felt his body begin to come back under his control. He clenched his fists tights feeling the last jolt of pain exit his chest as he yelled. A doctor burst through the door quickly to see the man attempting to stand, his back arched painfully back as his body began to spasm once more. The doctor yelled down the hallway and a couple of nurses rushed into the room quickly. The doctor put his hands over Talon's chest holding him down firmly. One of the nurses grabbed a small pill from the table in the corner and put it into Talons mouth. She moved her hands and held his mouth shut tight and as she watched Talon swallowed the pill heavily. His spasm began to subside as he melted down into the bed underneath of him. He opened his eyes and the bright white lights blinded him but he did not blink.

"Where is she?" these were the only words Talon spoke.

"Just down the hall--" as the doctor spoke Talon stood and began to walk slowly.

As he tried to leave he found himself stumbling dumbly around the bright white room. He bumped into the bed and then a table before he finally stopped and closed his eyes.

"It's no surprise you've been out for a week Talon. Allow us to help you."

Another wheelchair was brought into the room and the young nurse gestured for Talon to sit down. He stood still for a moment blinded by the florescence but as he regained his eye sight he sat down. The nurse left the room and entered into another 2 doors down. As she wheeled him in Sona heard the door open. She looked over and saw him sitting softly in the chair, looking very week, but conscious.

As he was brought into the room felt the joy overwhelm him. He'd stuck true to his word and he'd made it back in one piece. As he sat silently beside Sona holding her hand he smiled. Seconds melted into minutes, minutes into hours, and as the hours passed by he sat with her waiting. After what seemed like days a doctor entered the room and looked at the two of them.

"It's time Sona, are you ready?" the doctor spoke calmly.

"Yes, we're ready." Sona said softly looking at Talon and gripping his hand tighter.

------

As the sun rose Talon's eyes opened. He recalled the events of the previous evening and even if he couldn't he wouldn't have very far to go and find out. He looked to his side and saw Sona laying softly in the bed her hand still held in his. He stood slowly fighting the atrophy and kissed Sona softly on the cheek. Her eyes sparked into life as she looked up at him.

"I thought I had lost you." she said sadly

"I told you that I would come back no matter what, and that I would always be here for you two." Talon didn't speak but simply stared softly into her eyes before kissing her.

A doctor came through the door silently and waited. As they directed their attention towards him he spoke briskly and happily.

"The procedure was a complete success and I'm glad to say that you've got a perfectly healthy and happy baby girl. I'm no mind reader but I would strongly suspect she wants to see her mother and father." the doctor gestured towards the door.

Talon rose slowly and took Sona by the hand helping her up. They held hands and walked out of the door and down the hallway to another room. There was no nursery in the Institute, but the room had been converted quickly when Sona had begun going into labor. Now as they stood in the room they looked down at the small baby resting in front of them, wrapped in a pink blanket. It's eyes opened slowly taking in everything that was around it, and as it looked at Sona it began to giggle and wave it's arms towards her. Sona brought her arms down slowly lifting the childly slowly and holding it carefully against her chest. She looked down smiling with tears streaming down her face as she held her baby girl. Talon looked at both of them silently smiling and holding back the tears that wanted to burst from his eyes. Talon looked over softly and kissed Sona gently.

"Do you want to hold her?" Sona asked him happily

"Sure." Talon answered and put his arms out slowly in front of Sona.

Taking the baby carefully from her arms Talon brought the child closer to his chest and stared down. As he looked down at the small bundle of life nestled in his arms she smiled and he smiled back at her.

"You have your mothers eyes." he spoke the words softly as to not alarm the child.

"Obviously it would be unsafe to remove her from the nursery at this point in time, but you're welcome to stay here with for a few days until she can be moved. The High Council also wished for me to give you this note."

Sona extended her hand softly opening the note slowly. As she read it's contents she smiled back at Talon and handed it to him taking the baby back into her arms.

Talon read over the note and smiled.

"Sona & Talon,

As an expression of the League of Legends vast debt to you for your services we would like congratulate you and also thank you. Parenthood is simply the next step along the road of life that we're sure you two will make together and we offer you a small cottage here on the grounds as an upgrade to your small apartments. It would be unwise to try and raise such a young child in such a noisy and crowded environment. Additionally for the time being both of you will be temporarily suspended from summoning so that you can settle in and be with your child. We are pleased that all has gone well and wish you both the best."

-------

Inside of a remote building in Noxus the group collaborated. Shadowy figures lined the inner sanctum of the building and each one stood at attention. As the meeting ended many of the figures left but two remained.

"All of the pieces are in place then?"

"That's correct sir. The child is born and the assassin is well."

"And what of the woman?"

"She is well. For having just given birth I expect her to be a very happy woman for quite some time."

"Good. Your skills are impeccable and I trust they will not learn of our plans. First the Shrouded Moon and then a war with the void. We cannot continue to allow the Institute of War to consolidate the power."

"Understood sir. The Black Rose Shall Bloom Once More."

--------
Author's Notes

Alright so I was originally planning to have 40 chapters to this story but this is actually the final chapter. I hope that all of you have enjoyed the fanfiction as much as I've enjoyed writing it, and I look forward to seeing you all in the future. My next fanfiction will be released in a timely manner, i'm just working out a few last minor details and then I should be in the lab cooking up the first few chapters. I won't release a single chapter at first but a few so that it will introduce you and jump you into some of the action.

BladeAngelx

02-16-2012

check out the new chapter

Sushiramen

02-17-2012

Great writing!!! Really enjoying this!! Keep up!!

BladeAngelx

02-20-2012

New Chapter. Read the climax firsthand, it's what all the anticipation was building for.

ImNotGonnaRaichu

02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeAngelx View Post
New Chapter. Read the climax firsthand, it's what all the anticipation was building for.
I don't think I have ever been teased so much in my life. =P
Can't wait for the next chapter now. Well done!

BladeAngelx

02-20-2012

thanks for the support man lol i don't mean to tease you D: or maybe I do

I Thunderclese I

02-21-2012

So, Talon kills that wraith. Awesome. Chapter 17 can't come fast enough D: