Avoiding taking down turrets... why?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Höllgeist

02-06-2012

When I face teams that are much better (where like 2-3 people have 10-30 kills and 0-2 deaths), I notice they really take their time destroying turrets, especially the last 3. Are they just waiting for more time to pass(ie. more IP), racking up personal kill/gold records, or what?

HollowAvatar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Höllgeist View Post
When I face teams that are much better (where like 2-3 people have 10-30 kills and 0-2 deaths), I notice they really take their time destroying turrets, especially the last 3. Are they just waiting for more time to pass(ie. more IP), racking up personal kill/gold records, or what?
So they don't have to extend into your territory to keep getting kills. They don't want to control that large a portion of the map until they have enough firepower to do so with more security.

Dark Ajax

02-06-2012

Or maybe they are just taking their time, playing around. [as you suggested]

mvp1292

02-06-2012

Yes to the last posts but usually since they are usually pulling ahead if they are that far wouldn't you want to stay there? They do it so they can keep that lead without getting caught and end up loosing the game. but also it always them to farm in a more safer place. If lets say one lane is only pushed to the base turret. would you still farm till you got the that turret, Obviously not.

sealzilla

02-07-2012

Its one of the biggest problems with these games theres really no advantage to killing turrets except the global gold which isnt really enough for all the added risk that comes about