Hey everyone! this is oficcially my first pos ton teh LoL Forums, and I'm now level 24 So I guess it's a good thing I havent needed help this far yet? - Anyway, i have a few questions.
Throughout my entire gaming experience, I have never once - Jungled. I have heard of it. I have seen people try to do it on my team and fail, however, opposing teams always seem to figure it out :P. So - Due to this, i conjured a 2 day killing spree to collect the IP for Udyur. I hear he is excellent for jungling, and his skills i belive are powerful pushers, and wonderful combatant! So, after buying udyr, i proceeded to read moba fire guides, etc etc, and quickly picked up on the jungling routes in bot games i created custome for myself. I quickly gained levels ahead of the bots, i quickly obtained my gear, and i quickly reached more power. I ran into a couple of issue though.
1. In a real match, the people are obviously not retarded. So - they move at a much faster pace in pvp. I was unable to keep a steady pace of jungling to keep higher wealth and power.
2. the lack of 1 person in a lane, meant my team was gonna be well, loosing. Do you suggest a tank? Which one? I Highly belive in shen, due to his spammable harrass to keep things at bay. But - I prefer not, simply because hes my main toon :P and I dont liek when others use him incorrectly, to"my standards" what ever they may be
3. the Wriggles lantern, or what ever its called. Where the hell do I put that thing?!?! I knwo i mark important territory, like certain buffs. but, the boss buff? the big red skull guy, right? or do i use it to counter, any ganking IN the jungle? I tend to do both just incase, however, id lvoe to hear suggestions.
Generally, thats what I have the issue with..I feel like im missing something though. howeve r- this is purely the 5v5 map...Now onto the 3v3 - yes, TT... I wish knowledge upon it.
Now - in TT, i wa slike - OH YA!!! jungle in 3v3 im gonna rock!! - It didnt work out so well...However, i caught my eye on something....with Udyr, i played top lane, pushing minions, avoiding range tactics, and upon a push, i would revert into the top jungle, kill minions, grab a buff, coem back down and push more. everytime the enemies minions were pushed to the turret, i left to jungle and gank. i was level 18, when they were level 15. I felt amazing - however, i feel it may have been due to a less skilled team. My team lacked coordination, and they seemed to just...Play. Now - is what i soley discoverd, viable??? is that, used? a good tactic even?
My Udyr build - Lantern, Mercury treads/Tabi (depednign on team), Wits end, Frozen mallet, Atmas Impaler, Warmogs.
Now - this build, is a moba fire build, (obviously if you recognized it) it is not my own creation. However - I feel that its okay to start with, but as the game progresses, i like to not only kill..i like to obliterate.. So once I am 18, and no longer need to farm anything but buffs, and kill and push, would it be worthy to sell things, and buy new things?
Lanter, i replace with blood thirster. I just think its a better option late game. and if i managed to get this far, and get this higher level, and geared...that the lack of the lantern will be fine. Gernally i keep my boots, unless i get tired of being slow, i use boots of mobility, to rush ganks much faster. Wits end, I have yet found a replacement for, but i kinda like it. Atmas impalet, I turned into infinities edge. the bonus damage and the crit smacking, is much more powerful than the damage output from the impalters 2% buff from HP. Though, cheaper - but I only change it up, late game. Frozen mallet says, forever and always. <3. and Warmongs, i keep as well.
Any suggestions? tactics? links? Guides? Somethign useful woudl be appreciated, that I dont hopefully already know, or have seen <3 Thank you bunchies.
1. You should nvr have issue with jungle speed if you use Udyr, his speed is godly, granted you go with phoenix.
2. Learn how the meta works. Top lane is usually bruiser (or champs that can sustain themselves). If it is a 1v2 lane top, ask the top lane if they are ok with 1v2. Gank the lane more. As you lvl up, that should happen less and less.
3. I wouldnt recommend wriggle for phoenix udyr. AD means nothing to him, unless you run tiger udyr. You do want to get wards. Where to put them depends on how many wards you have, and if you support are buying wards. During laning, dragon should be warded, u should also throw a ward for mid and top if there is an enemy jungle and you have spare wards. If you wanna counter jungle, ward their wraith area or blue. Warding close to enemy wraith is very worth while, since a lot of the time, the junglers will do wraith and then gank mid. So you can help the mid to prevent ganks and also look to counter jungle. Late game u need to ward baron. If you are winning, ward their jungle, if you are losing, ward your jungle.
A few things I wanna point out:
- you should start with using Phoenix udyr. It is a much better jungle spec
- Phoenix udyr should build tanky
- Udyr is very versatile. You can start ganking at lvl 2 if you want, you do have to get bear form at lvl 2 if you wish to do that. You can also counter jungle easily, since it is udyr.
- Take advantage of his jungle speed, you can gank frequently, and even you fail to get any kills, you can still spd jungle and catch up lvl easily
- Save smite if you know that dragon or baron will be up and there will be contest for it
- Control your buffs (give 2nd blue onwards to mid), and control dragon
- Take flash with you, your stun requires you to run up to enemy. Sometimes having the flash mean guarantee gank kills
- Don't rely on mobafire, their build is no good a lot of the time. Like I said, wriggle is not a good item for Phoenix udyr, get wit end, and build tanky (raduin, FON are really good stuff, i also get spark sometimes, but a lot of ppl disagree with this item). You don't need atmog, health is nice, but your don't need the atma stats. It is pretty expensive, you can spend it on other tanky items, even sunfire is better.
It seems to me you have the basics of jungling down in 5v5. The things I would focus on now is predicting when enemies are going to push a lane. Map Awareness is paramount when playing the role of jungler. Moving from one side of the jungle to another if counter jungling is possible, moving from one side of you jungle to the other when it looks like bottom lane or top lane is going to have trouble. Adapting your jungle route to whomever needs you most or whomever will need you most soon is a key trait in all junglers.
freaking AWESOME. tyvm Etherimp. I highly enjoy jungling, it makes me feel like im in my own world, like i have control, like I am the reason we win or loose. and it seesm to fair that way, Im always the highest level, the most wealthy, kills, assists, and sometimes i sacrifice myself to get the tank or the carry a chance to gain some kill gold. though not gonna do in ranked games unles...for some reason needed.
Now - all my 5v5 questiosn have been aspired...What about 3v3? no one nodded at it even. lol
© 2014 Riot Games, Inc. All rights reserved. Riot Games, League of Legends and PvP.net are trademarks, services marks, or registered trademarks of Riot Games, Inc.