Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Suggestion for ELO

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

scwhartzcoff

02-05-2012

I, like many am suffering in das ELO. I also like many made the mistake of going into ranked way to early and suffered. So my suggestion is this. Make it so that the only way one can enter into ranked, is they need to have a certain amount of games, and a certain amount or games with one character. For example in order to play with a champion they must have played like 20 games in reg. in order to play that character in ranked. This would limit the ppl who go on with thier new champions and get rocked because they have only played a character like 3 times. My other suggestion is to do a que similar to WOW, i.e. I could que as support/Adcarry. That way everything is set and you dont get 2 people wanting to be AP carry. Would love to hear comments

WildOnionVillain

02-05-2012

What you are suggesting is illogical. People that have 200 games played can be better than the ones with 1,000 played. Do you know why ? Some people are better at some things than others. You can have 4,000 games played and still be bad because there are people that never learn and never will be able to learn.

Also if you are gonna play ranked, you gotta be dumb enough to go and play champion that you only played once or twice before. There will always be trolls/afkers but you gotta see that even in 4v5 you can make a change, carry a team, put your best effort into it and never give up.

Just my 2 cents, i might be right i might be wrong but who cares, i'm just another random person trying to explain some **** on yet another "ELO Hell" thread.

Cheers mate.

Gnarkill1

02-05-2012

omfg I am getting so sick of seeing the exact same suggestions recycled in every other post on this forum

1313Jr1313

02-05-2012

the idea implies that there is no such thing as doing well without sticking very strictly to the current meta and will simply prevent any real shift in the meta from happening.

scwhartzcoff

02-06-2012

Indeed. you could potentially have a person who plays 1,000 games and be bad, but chances are that they wont be if they play like 25 games with one character. Also in reply to 1313jr1313, the Meta game is not going to change until the pros change it, and no one has come up with a better system. We run Adcarry/Support top and bot with AP mid in Ranked team and we do really well. Just us though.

Wrath of PP

02-06-2012

goose did well with leona jarvan bot. Plus new tanks/tanky dps champs come out quite frequently. Meaning, we are possible one sona nerf and 2-3 strong kill lane champs from a meta change

WildOnionVillain

02-06-2012

Lol "only the pros can change the meta" is such bs. If you think of new meta, that works every single game guess what ? You just changed the meta. Seriously man, you need to think before you type **** out.

Achtbar

02-07-2012

Meta is bull**** honestly, when I duo with a friend we just think of what counters the bottom lane. We were a cait and fizz against a alistar and sivir once. We absolutely ****ted on them, countering is way more important than following what the pros do because it's the meta (and btw none of us are pros....)

Amatzikahni

02-07-2012

There is no "meta" in low Elo. There is only a meta when opponents start playing properly and know all of your weaknesses in order to exploit them. People don't do that in Solo Queue for a looong time (I'd say 1800 minimum but I have no personal experience there).

Wrath of PP

02-08-2012

Quote:
Achtbar:
Meta is bull**** honestly, when I duo with a friend we just think of what counters the bottom lane. We were a cait and fizz against a alistar and sivir once. We absolutely ****ted on them, countering is way more important than following what the pros do because it's the meta (and btw none of us are pros....)

Doing well once against two bad player isn't defecating on the meta btw.