Irelia or Yorick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

allblackfan

02-05-2012

I've finally managed to farm 6300 and am currently torn between irelia and Yorick to buy for solo top. I like both champs but which is better overall early game and towards late game?

Kensai07

02-05-2012

Personal Experience, My first time I've played against yorick with both of us solo (I normally play Irelia) We came out about equal. I couldn't harrass a lot, because he could outheal me but we had pretty equal tradeoffs in general. I would say that it was a very close match and one of the more fun that I have had. I feel as though Irelia has a very strong (not amazing or anything) lategame and I do very well with her if I can catch a person or 2 out of position I can usually win the tradeoff. I cannot give a lot of advice about Yorick as I have only played him against bots a couple times and I personally did not find it to be my cup of tea.

Both seem to be sustain masters though, and seem to do very well in 1v2 situations (that happen off and on) Although after my game today I feel as though yorick may be a bit better for 1v2. (Then again that player may have just been better overall than I am, I don't claim to be a pro by any means and I stick to normal games because I don't feel as though I would enjoy ranked after seeing the horror stories on here about it)

PlayWithMe69

02-05-2012

The king and queen of solo top. Might as well be equal early game.

Two big differences to take into account. Irelia's stun can be extremely helpful for picking someone off is off position, and getting your team to shut down the carry. Toricks ultimate turns a team fight into a weird 6 v 5, and can sometimes take the focus off of your carry.

Look up videos of both of them and see which one you'd enjoy playing more/fits your playstyle.

allblackfan

02-05-2012

Thanks for the feedback