Yorick or irelia? :)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

allblackfan

02-05-2012

I've finally managed to farm 6300 and I'm torn between irelia and Yorick for solo top. I like both but which is better to buy overall in early game and late game? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Tyrang

02-05-2012

Kinda hard to answer this. They are both really good. Pick a play style. Irelia is a bruiser assassin. Yorick is like a... bruiser caster? They are both insanely good at lane domination.

I do find Yorick a little bit hard to use well, and you have to manage your mana well. As for Irelia, I think the key to Irelia is how fast do you farm up Triforce. They fast she got Triforce, the faster she can build tanky items, which is essential for her play style in mid-late game.

Seriouswood

02-06-2012

I'm a frequent Yorick user, so he gets my vote. If you can master him then you will find yourself unmovable from top lane the majority of the time. When using yorick keep in mind that his power comes from his sustain and his harass. You should actually avoid going for the kill and just try to wear away at your opponents health over time. Yorick excels and zoning more than anything else. Late game you act as an off tank support. Avoid using your ult to revive people if at all possible you should use it a couple secs into the team fight to clone your strongest carry. That's a brief summary, contact me in game if you want more advise.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2012

Note that yorick doesnt really get an "ownage ult" unlike many champs. While it is kind of useful if they engage you in melee or get careless, it isnt that useful up top in my experience. As mentioned he is kind of a tanky supportish champ later on, and his ability to clone your AD carry is incredibly good if they aren't totally sucking.

Irelia's Ult can be used for massive sustain in lane in addition to what she already has, plus to finish off runners and give a big advantage in a 1v1 fight. She is more of a bruiser and has the mobility of a Gap Closer to help her out.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you wait around and play both of them when they are free before committing. You WILL FIND that you may not enjoy even awesome champions that are OP. Spending 6300 IP blindly is just a terrible awful idea.

If you need solo tops, look for cheaper ones. Check this weeks rotation when it comes out later today or tomorrow and try anyone that works up top.

450 champs: Poppy (passable, similar playstyle to irelia kind of).
1350: Cho Gath (AP tanky caster), Dr Mundo (underpowered but fun and playable), Garen, Jax (free for a day or so), Malphite (caster/bruiser, great solo top with Q spam), Sion (AD style), Nasus (meh), Tryndamere (strong top, good carry), Warwick (great sustain, solid solo top)